Anyone using wise.com for Envato Payments?

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help clarify this.

We are considering moving to Wise (or, if necessary, to Payoneer). Currently, we are using PayPal, but the conversion rates have been quite bad lately.

Is anyone using a personal Wise account to receive payments from Envato?

This topic (ACH bank transfer? Wise alternative?) mentions that a Business Wise account is required (which is not available in Chile).

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

As far as I know, as long as you’re located in EU, you don’t need additional configuration/account to receive the money from abroad ( That’s why WISE built from the beginning ) but I may be wrong, too…

Did you check the WISE terms? It should be there if it’s required.

Hi, thank you very much for your reply.

I’m from South America, so i contacted Wise support and they said pretty much the same, Business Wise Account is required to receive “Business transfers”.

I think it is quite strange, because i just created a Payoneer account and it is using the same USA bank “Community Federal Savings…”

Do you mind if i ask, do you have any experience with Payoneer that you could share with me?, any information i will appreciate it.

As far as i checked on their website, no fees are applied for receiving funds, but a 2% will be applied as conversion rate.

You can send me a PM if you prefer. thanks :+1:!

I have never used Payoneer but search the forum, some having trouble to get their money.