Anyone running After Effects CS5 or CS5.5 on Windows 8.1?

Hey guys, I’m planning to buy a new pc with Windows 8.1, I need to know if I can work with AE CS5 or CS5.5, do you have any advice?

Thanks!

Yes, you can!

CS5/CS5.5 work great on Windows 8/8.1 :)

Share some info about your future PC (I mean tech specs.) - if it’s not a secret! :smiley:

Thank you very much!

My new pc? Nothing special, compared to some monsters I’ve seen here… i7 4790, 16Gb Ram, 1Tb HD and a GeForce GTX760 for Element 3D… I hope I’ll be ok for a few years :slight_smile:

CS5.5 works fine with Windows 8.1

Thank you Bilal :slight_smile:

You should definitely get a SSD for the system disk, it’s magic.

||+1149835|abstract-labs said-|| i7 4790, 16Gb Ram, 1Tb HD and a GeForce GTX760

Not Bad!

Yeah.. FireKDragon is right!

That would be great!.. to buy a SSD and install it as the primary disk! and a fast HDD as a secondary disk!

Thanks guys, I was trying to hide behind that 1 Tb hard disk… :slight_smile:

How does it work exactly? I need to install the operating system and all software on the SSD and keep my data on a normal hard disk?

Thank you

||+1150180|abstract-labs said-|| How does it work exactly? I need to install the operating system and all software on the SSD and keep my data on a normal hard disk?

Yes, you got it right!

If you buy a High Capacity SSD - for ex: a 512GB/1TB SSD - you can also enable the Disk Cache in AE!

Thank you again buddies, I’ll let you know how it goes!

And how it goes abstract-labs? Which windows you installed, and how after effects and plugins works?
I just bought new pc http://valid.canardpc.com/42m1kh (woohoo! :slight_smile: ) and installed win 8.1, and after few hours of testing I can say that I don’t like it… But ok, there must be tricks to make it looks like win7.

Well done dorde! I’m working with AE CS5.5 on Windows 8.1, it goes very well, no problem with plugins, I only have Particular and Optical Flares at the moment, I’ll buy Element 3d v2 in the near future, I hope we’ll be ok with a GTX 760.

You can use classicshell.net to get the Windows 7 menu, but I prefer to keep my new pc as clean as possible, so I’ll try to get used to this new menu… if you right click on the app bar (at the bottom of the desktop) and choose “Properties” you can set some preferences, like show the list of your programs when the Windows icon is clicked, in order to avoid the start screen.

I’ve been fighting against the idle maintenance for a few days (without success), it keeps kicking in while working, I’m afraid this is slowing down the workflow so I’m trying to disable it… unfortunately it re-enable itself at the next reboot… I think I’m going to delete it from the Task Scheduler.

I’m very happy so far, also the SSD is rocking, thanks very much guys for your advice! :slight_smile:

Also there is a feature to flip the screen upside down, your avatar will finally look ok!!! :smiley: (just a joke)

Thanks for reply. Just installed classic shell, it’s great. !http://aedorde.com/envatoimages/upsidedownsmile.png!

Thanks.