Anyone here using Roland Integra 7 - whats your opinion?

I am trying to find all-in-one solution for my production studio. I tired with all this endless Kontakt libraries, etc. Does any one here using this sythesizer module? How good or bad it is?

I hear you on the whole kontakt thing.
I just finished making a list of quick load folders to make the Kontakt Instrument management much faster.
What I’ve seen of the Integra 7 looks amazing. I’ve read some great things too. Unfortunately it’s out of my price range right now so I can’t say anything about it personally.
Good luck!

It seems nice but for my opinion software instruments are always sound better and easier/quicker to modify. Other bad thing about hardwares is they will be old-fashioned devices quickly and it’s not easy to replace them as we replace software.

NoizMan said

It seems nice but for my opinion software instruments are always sound better and easier/quicker to modify. Other bad thing about hardwares is they will be old-fashioned devices quickly and it’s not easy to replace them as we replace software.

+1

normally i would say, abort mission and stick with kontakt but this unit is very special. the entire SRX family in there which are just stunning to use. easy lib control via ipad too. not ALL the stuff in there will be absolutely bang on, but its a huge huge bank of highly usable sounds.
its based on very old Roland sound banks and i dont agree any of it has gone out of date.

Rolands ace card is there staple day to day sounds. well recorded and beautifully set up to play.
you can integrate it via USB etc and save on a lot of CPU overheads as your effectively outsourcing to hardware.
id say it would complement a studio setup well that also takes advantage of a host of solid plug ins.

NoizMan said

… and it’s not easy to replace them as we replace software.

I have to disagree with you a little bit. This module allow you easily expand sound library.

From my personal experience working with modules / synths / workstatons. No solution is perfect. Computer with DAW and plugins … very close to be perfect however if you’d like to achieve the speed of operations as on modules / synths in term of selecting sound - hardware is a winner. I don’t owe Integra (I’d love to tho) but I’m using Korg Krome which is 16 channels workstation and when I’m for example need to find piano sound … takes couple of touches on the panel and I’ve got it. Don’t have to wait for downloads / startups etc.
Another one thing mentioned in this thread - CPU oveheads. I’m using mixed technique due to the fact my DAW is running only on i5 with 8GB Ram. So I like o use my Korg (It could be Integra or any other modern module) for piano, pads and some drums. On my DAW I’m using guitars and processing them there too.
You can’t say is good / bad. There is no black and white. Sometimes I select some random sound from my external synth and I can build up a song - sometimes it may be a sample I created in the past but because of ability of DAW I can mess around with it and start something new of that. Only problem with gear is … price. You can download quite often demo versions of software and check it if you like it - with the gear … $1500 (example) and if you not committed to this - you may get nothing out of this.
If you don’t want to spend that kind of money, but still looking for something that expands your sounds library and give you some inspiration - try second hand latest VX modules from Roland. You can get those for around 300 - 400 GBP and if you don’t like it - there is always someone who can buy this of you, because of the price.

Actually it’s all about how you are used to work. If it’s not a good analogue synth, I wouldn’t invest on additional device. If I was a keyboard player playing in live gigs, I would like to have one. But I am a guitar player and I quit playing live :slight_smile: