Anybody got any advice on how to promote a novel?

Hi good people. All cards open, honestly: I am looking for some help promoting my book. Anybody got any killer advise?

The book is called NOTHING, and the author is Elvir Karabasic (me)

I am from Bosnia, but I wrote a book in English. It’s my first novel and it has been pretty well received locally. However, as it is written in English, (proofread and edited by professionals, and the whole nine yards) I am still looking for feedback from US bookworms as well as from other countries.

I am not going to post any links, as i DO NOT wish to violate any Envato forum rules, I am just going to mention that is available on Amazon (how else can I say it, since anyone who wishes to help me promote it, needs to know where to find it).

Seeing as I am a Graphic River author myself, I don’t see this thread as being an issue. If it is a violation of rules, please delete this thread.

: )

• Elvir

Hi again, friend ;

As you may already know, Amazon is not the only place where you can upload eBooks.
For example…: Smashwords, Draft2Digital, Barnes&Noble, Kobo, GooglePlay…

Those services may add to your audience.

EDIT: Sorry, it seems I mistakenly edited the existing message ; but here you go :slight_smile: ^^

Hey. Yeah it is available as an e-book, as well as paperback on Amazon. But I was wondering what I could do in terms of having it published as a mass market paperback or something. For example, I know I need to build an audience first, but how do I get a serious publisher, like Penguin, or Harper Collins, or something? It can’t be as simple as writing an email, can it?

I did the cover illustration myself of course.

Hi again, friend ;

As you may already know, Amazon is not the only place where you can upload eBooks.
For example…: Smashwords, Draft2Digital, Barnes&Noble, Kobo, GooglePlay

Those services may add to your audience.

EDIT: Sorry, it seems I mistakenly edited the existing message ; but here you go :slight_smile: ^^

Also ; when it comes to promotion…: an emailList, socialMedia (FB / Twitter), YouTube, LinkedIn…
i.e. find some book related groups on FB (relative to your book’s subject) and post there ; there are many ways to promote. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the tips. Social media really is a powerful advertising agent. I do have a nice few ideas of how and where to advertise, still I hope someone will mention something that I didn’t think of, and it could benefit me.

About the places other than AMAZON, I opted for the exclusive option on Amazon, so for now I will be going with that. Do you think Barnes&Noble and some others can bring in more exposure than Amazon? If so, I can opt out every two months and then simply continue without any exclusivity.

1 Like

Unfortunately I am not much experienced on ebooks/book promotion but anyway (so I am NOT talking here on my own experiences), In My Humble Opinion it would be best to be anywhere you can, as much as possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you are right. I will most certainly consider that option before renewing the exclusivity option on Amazon. Thank you so much for the advice my friend, and for your time : )

1 Like