Any news on support policy changes next week?

I don’t know why the old Get ready for the new item support policy - launching September 1st forum thread hasn’t been converted to the new forums since it’s a sticky one and, at least for me, a very important.

Is this now all final or is there a chance that you take our thoughts into consideration - especially the 70/30 split?

It’s only one week left!

2 Likes

I don’t know why the old Get ready for the new item support policy - launching September 1st forum thread hasn’t been converted to the new forums since it’s a sticky one and, at least for me, a very important.

Is this now all final or is there a chance that you take our thoughts into consideration - especially the 70/30 split?

It’s only one week left!

+1

Yes, curious about this.

I was wondering the same thing late last night.
Any more news?

Yes we need Official announcement in new forum too as the older one was not moved here.

I’m hoping they also create test objects for the API for the support verification. I had a hard time asking for a purchase code to test the previous one. A few test codes would help a lot.

So… why that thread, that is almost essential for most of us hasn’t been moved here…?
New form is already pretty a mess to find official threads, was hoping that active pinned threads would have been kept.

I have a question though, probably going to open a new thread, but is not a good way to manage things in my opinion.

1 Like

Discussions regarding support policy are apparently over it seems.

Any information on how to know support expiry date in envato API??

This is how a verifiy purchase request looks like

stdClass Object
(
    [verify-purchase] => stdClass Object
        (
            [item_name] => ItemName
            [item_id] => 123456
            [created_at] => Fri Dec 19 02:28:05 +1100 2014
            [buyer] => username
            [licence] => Regular License
            [supported_until] => 
    )

)

seems the “support_until” will get filled with a certain date on 1st Sept.

thats great, thanks for your support as always :smile:

it could be useful information for many other authors as well.

Looks like something is happening! woo!

Oh click “What does support include?” it shows a great video that will certainly clear things up for a lot of buyers :slight_smile: yay!

1 Like

The cost for this extra 6 months of support makes it seems like my time is worth nothing :frowning: I would much rather just offer free support like I am now than get 50% of that…

Hi guys, official forum thread is over at Item Support Policy and Functionality Launched. Please report any bugs or ask questions there :smile:

I can telll you that I am pissed for the support price because now instead of a one time purchase that you can use the product, its now you can’t use it or update it unless you pay a stupid extension. Now that is going to make me never pay for another theme on this marketplace ever again. I am really serious. In the long run this is going to cost as much as paying a developer to do the website. So now I am going to stop using this marketplace. Don’t be surprised that people follow me and don’t come back either.

To me this is stupid, and people that wanted free support are going to be upset about it too. Time to find alternatives now. I am actually being nice here. I could say some nasty words about this but I rather just get away from this new crap.

Updates are free, you don’t have to worry. :slight_smile:

1 Like
its now you can't use it or update it unless you pay a stupid extension

You can certainly keep using and updating it. This is just regarding “support”. Like asking the author how to use the plugin.

I’ve had 3 sales today and every one of them included a support extension, so maybe this isn’t so bad. I don’t plan to change anything as I already provide top notch support so I can’t complain about extra money coming in. Thanks Envato!