Any good glockenspiel or marimba library to suggest?

Hello Guys,
i’m getting crazy to find a nice sounding library to be use together with the ultra famous Ukulele :slight_smile:
Yes, i would like to make some nice track with this combination of instruments…maybe is over used…but i got a nice inspiration yesterday tonight…but i miss the glockenspiel sound!!! Damn :frowning:
Thank you for the help!

You will find decent glockenspiel and marimba samples in the following libraries:

Ethno World

True Strike

EWQL Symphonic Orchestra

The best sounding Glockenspiel library belongs to Spitfire Audio or Orchestral Tools. Unfortunately with Spitfire - you have to buy their whole percussion pack. Orchestral Tools though, you do not.

Orchestral Tools The Glock is an outstanding library and is very reasonably priced considering how extensive it is. ($49)

Orchestral Tools - The Glock

Make sure to listen to Sascha Knorr’s demo to hear the library in context - as well as the solo demos.

As for marimba, it’s not REALLY a marimba, but it sounds absolutely great and has real attack and presence that most of the orchestral-based marimba libraries don’t have.

I recommend, for $39 Soundiron Bamblong

I can second the Spitfire Percussion library. Great sounding all the way around.

Sonokinetic has just released a library called Mallets that includes glockenspiel, marimba, xylophone and tubular bells that is worth considering. I do not own it yet, but I think it sounds quite good and the price is very reasonable.

Hope this helps!

Thank you guys!
I was listen to all of your suggestion and except for the Spitfire audio, they all have a very affordable price.
I think i will go with sonokinetic…since i am already a customer :wink:
I will update you as soon as i’ll get something…

Or you may try “Silver Glockenspiel”, probably the only glockenspiel library that has also bowed articulation:

http://www.sampleism.com/ma-simon/glockenspiel

for glock and bells you can use any FM or any subtractive synth, even free…
it will work like a charm.

8Dio - Toy Glockenspiel

8DIO - Glass Marimba

I’m using Garritan Personal Orchestra for glockenspiel and marimba sounds, among lots of others… Cheers!

garethcoker said

The best sounding Glockenspiel library belongs to Spitfire Audio or Orchestral Tools. Unfortunately with Spitfire - you have to buy their whole percussion pack. Orchestral Tools though, you do not.

Orchestral Tools The Glock is an outstanding library and is very reasonably priced considering how extensive it is. ($49)

Orchestral Tools - The Glock

Make sure to listen to Sascha Knorr’s demo to hear the library in context - as well as the solo demos.

As for marimba, it’s not REALLY a marimba, but it sounds absolutely great and has real attack and presence that most of the orchestral-based marimba libraries don’t have.

I recommend, for $39 Soundiron Bamblong

as above, the glock is a superb lib but you might also want to now consider the brand new marimba from sonokinetic.

this “mallet” library is my new goto tool. it has a wonderful wood and rubber mallet marimba, Xylophone, glock with a nice short sound and tubular bells.

its very cheap and extremely warm and organic, which is a nice sound to achieve from what is after all, a sample.

sorry, a link always helps!

Thank you guys!
I feel that “Mallets” and “Gran Marimba” are the best and more affordable for my taste…
I’ll give them a try…
:slight_smile: