Another «finally I’m Elite» post

Finally I’m an elite author, after 3 years, 8 months and five days in the jungle (who’s counting?..).
My first track got accepted the 31st of December 2014, so making the top new authors list was out of the question.
At the same time I started selling on AJ there was an australian author also starting out. He was called James, was half my age and made elite status in like a week after changing his name to Aurus audio. That didn’t boost my self confidence and I have to admit I had several attempts on making some corporate tracks myself.
The results was awful and didn’t sell so I decided that if I wasn’t going to sell anything anyway I could at least make some music I enjoyed producing. That led me to start submitting jazz tracks as that is what I’m doing in «real life».
To my surprice they sold better than my earlier tracks and last year one of them even got featured. (That’s when I regretted that I had called all my jazz tracks Jazz, A Jazz, The Jazz, This Jazz, That Jazz and so on…)
The featured track boosted my sales and are part of the reason I made it to Elite in 3 years, 8 months and five days (but who’s counting).
I later added some other niche genres to my portfolio, like 50’s orchestral television and advertising music (light music) which have sold even more than a lot of the jazz tracks.
I have come to the conclusion that I can’t predict what’s going to sell so I just have to compose music I enjoy making and like to listen to. So that would be my no. 1 tip for those who have yet to find their place in the jungle.
Sorry about the novel… Have a great day :-):grinning:

27 Likes

Awesome man… welcome to the club! :wink: Enjoy your moment, it IS a great achievement.

1 Like

Congrats!:tada::tada::tada: The tracks I have listened from your portfolio are absolutely outstanding! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Your portfolio surely is one of a kind in this corporate jungle. Keep up the great job!! :smile:

1 Like

Nicely said. The advice applies to all markets. Just keep doing what you enjoy and are good at :+1:t5:

Congrats :trophy::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Right on right on!

1 Like

Congrats @Hyperprod you’re still faster than me!

2 Likes

Thanks @RobertSlump! It seems I’m not in the club just yet though, as I haven’t gotten my badge.
Thanks @MojoSoundtrackMusic, I see we share the same nationality :slight_smile:
Thanks @Typps @FASSounds @KingDog
@stardiva Thanks! You’re close.

2 Likes

Congrats!)
And thanks for sharing your excitement with us) :+1:t2: :beers:

1 Like

I remember your featured track! :slight_smile: Really inspiring story, wish you a lot more success and keep up the high quality work! :beer:

2 Likes

Great story Hyperprod! I feel the same way about composing - do what you like. I haven’t sold at your pace but I am enjoying every minute of the ride. Thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS! :tada:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Great music! :slight_smile:

Congrats ! Love your stuff !!

Thanks a lot! @Wolf_Music @WaveToys @MidnightSnap @Korolkov @EightBallAudio

2 Likes

Congrats HP! Awesome achievement and inspiring story. Elite status much deserved with your high quality portfolio :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great! Congratulate! You’re one of the best in your genres on Audiojungle!

thumbs up, huge accomplishment :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! @PurpleFogSound @Music-Ideas @n2n44

@Hyperprod
Sorry, but I gotta ask… Do you record live instruments (at least some of them) or do you only use samples?
Your music sounds really incredible and organic, I can’t believe how well produced your stuff is! I’m blown away :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words @WaveToys , I appreciate it!
I use samples 99 percent of the time. Some guitars and percussion is live, the rest is fake :wink:
It’s mostly because of convenience and to save some time. I’m not able to listen to my tracks objectively so I’m happy to hear they don’t sound too artificial.

1 Like