Amazon + eBay API to update stock

I need code to update my Amazon and eBay stores stock levels in conjunction with my own ecommerce store

There’s plenty of sample code out there (I know there is for eBay - can only assume there is for Amazon as well)

I haven’t found any code on CodeCanyon

Anyone interested to develop?

Thanks

OM

Most ecommerce stores have a module or a system for this already, or you can use an external service like Linnworks which you plugin into your website, and then your ebay and amazon accounts, it updates all 3 with the stock and other bits.

Linnworks is great and I’m sure worth the money
They and others charge a lot of money per month
I’m not being tight
And once I’m making thousands a month, spending a few hundred pounds a month will not matter

But… I don’t fancy paying given that I consider it to be a small amount of code :slight_smile:
I’d rather develop a solution myself - though, I’d much rather spend time and efforts on the selling side

Maybe I’m wrong, but the code to update a sellers stock for one specific item cannot be more than a few lines of code?

So now add a bit more complexity… you need to have a master database to hold your stock level
Then you need other code to fire off as soon as a sale is registered and update all 3 platforms

Not being stingy. I’d rather spend money and get paid solution that is tried and tested…
But… as I say… the code required must absolutely minimal surely?

OM2 said

Linnworks is great and I’m sure worth the money
They and others charge a lot of money per month
I’m not being tight
And once I’m making thousands a month, spending a few hundred pounds a month will not matter

But… I don’t fancy paying given that I consider it to be a small amount of code :slight_smile:
I’d rather develop a solution myself - though, I’d much rather spend time and efforts on the selling side

Maybe I’m wrong, but the code to update a sellers stock for one specific item cannot be more than a few lines of code?

So now add a bit more complexity… you need to have a master database to hold your stock level
Then you need other code to fire off as soon as a sale is registered and update all 3 platforms

Not being stingy. I’d rather spend money and get paid solution that is tried and tested…
But… as I say… the code required must absolutely minimal surely?

It is complex and not easy to keep up with, eBay change their API on a regular basis and you need to keep talking to the API once a sale is made and make it match up with your master database.

What ecommerce system are you using as most have some form of module that does this already, Opencart has it built in for eBay, as does Magento, woocommerce has modules to do it.

thanks for the reply gareth
i plan to use woocommerce
what modules are u referring to?
i’ve found wplister - that seems pretty good (only judging by the videos i’ve seen - haven’t tried yet)

thanks

OM2 said

thanks for the reply gareth
i plan to use woocommerce
what modules are u referring to?
i’ve found wplister - that seems pretty good (only judging by the videos i’ve seen - haven’t tried yet)

thanks

IMHO (and from experience) Woocommerce is a poor ecommerce system once you start hitting 100+ products, I have clients on it with less than 50 products and it runs beautifully but start hitting 100 and it starts to creak and fall over.

I always advice (but sometimes ignored) to use a “proper” ecommerce system (which isn’t built off another system) such as Magento, Opencart or Prestashop, they all have modules to do what you want with ease (Magento is owned by eBay so has the best integration) and they are far more flexible to handle hundreds or thousands of products.

gareth, thanks for the info

u’ve just put a clanger in my plans :stuck_out_tongue:
lol

i was planning to create many woocommerce websites, each holding stock of 1000’s of items
why would wordpress be a bad idea?
where would it fall down?

ecommerce? well… that’s just a system whereby you have a shopping cart + a few other settings - it is a major component… but not a super complex one

would it fall down if the website had 20 customers buying every 30 min for example?

i’ve tried magento: there’s a lot to it and it’s not at all intuitive + a lot of maintenance + the back end interface is pants

i’ve tried prestashop: the backend seems like it was designed in the days of DOS

all platforms, including woocommerce, fell down when it came to the postage…
sending from uk, there are multiple zones. u have uk, europe and the rest of the world. but then u have eastern europe and more remote countries like peru. then u have italy - the enemy of online sellers - ask the average online seller and they will tell u italy is made of crooks who buy and then claim they never recieved. so u need to have a system to cope with these things.

there was nothing in magento or prestashop that coped with the above described. you’d have to spend about $200 for plugin (no problem paying).

woocommerce, there’s a plugin on codecanyon that does all i needed for postage

i’ll definitely to magento when i’m making enough money
thanks for the input :slight_smile: