Alone Theme Plugins

I have purchased the Alone theme but would like to enquire why the plugins that are advertised as being part of the theme i.e Free and Premium plugins included

is not available!!! One has to purchase the plugins in order to customise the theme !!! Isnt this false advertising then??How can one then customise the theme if youre not a developer, without the WP Bakery Page Builder and Slider Revolution etc

Also what is the difference between the Child theme and the Parent theme?

Thanks

Hello @FatimaRnB
Welcome to our community!

I’m not sure about the plugins included in the theme, but let me tag the theme developer @Bearsthemes, who can help with details and support.

Regarding the difference between a parent theme:

A parent theme is a complete theme which includes all files and assets for the theme to work.

When you install a (parent) theme, sometimes you’ll want to make some custom changes to it (like reducing all images size from 100% to 60%, just an example)

But afterwards, when a new version of the theme is available, you’ll want to update the theme. But simply updating it…will override the custom changes you’ve just made (like the images size mentioned before). And that’s a problem…

To avoid this, WordPress offers you the possibility to extend your theme with a child theme from the start (a child theme inherits the look and feel from the parent theme, but will not be overwritten by theme updates, so your custom changes will be safe).

Conclusion: when you find inside a package you bought from ThemeForest a parent theme and a child theme, you have to install them both (the parent one first). And then, you activate the child theme. And whenever you’ll want to make custom changes (in the look and feel or in the functionality) just make them only in the child theme. Then, it will be safe when you update.

Many thanks for your helpful response!

I’ll de-install the parent theme and reinstall and then work from the child theme.

Much appreciated!!

1 Like

Need to ask when one installs the theme as per the documentation page https://beplusthemes.com/docs/Alone, there is the alone zip file as well as another folder called “plugins included”. Should the latter rather be installed to ensure access to premium plugins? This question is of course for the @Bearthemes developer.

@BEARTHEMES Developer can you please respond to my question posted 20 days ago regarding the plugins and to which I’ve not received any response yet…?

When I do the Sliderev tutorials, they all seem to indicate that Envato sells themes with plugins but its actually not the premium plugins so you still have to purchase it individually !! This makes the themes quite pricey as I purchased it thinking that the plugins came with it…
Here’s my my original request.
Need to ask when one installs the theme as per the documentation page https://beplusthemes.com/docs/Alone, there is the alone zip file as well as another folder called “plugins included”. Should the latter rather be installed to ensure access to premium plugins? This question is of course for the @Bearthemes developer.

Where do I find the child theme

if your theme come with child theme then the child theme should included with your purchased download. you can ask about it directly to your purchased theme author using theme comments or Support page.