Allow me to introduce myself!

Hi there!

My name is Martijn van Hoek and I’ve just created a secondary account (Take-It-Easy) next to my primary account (Flowsopher).
This one is centered more around soundscapes and relaxation, as opposed to the hiphop-oriented portfolio of my Flowsopher account. I’m curious to know how many of you have done this! My main reason was to separate two completely different styles from each other, so possible clients may navigate easier when visiting my portfolio. Also I look at it as a fresh start, for years I’ve been producing oldschool Hiphop tracks and I felt it was time for something new!

I just uploaded two of my new tracks, so I’m waiting in anticipation for them to get approved!

I’m hoping I can make this profile as (relatively) succesful as my Flowsopher one!

Cheers, and I hope to hear from you guys for some input!

I’m just a beginner but wouldn’t it make more sense to diversify your old profile? The new items would be exposed to more people if you uploaded it them with your old account. I understand that you want to keep it simple but I don’t think adding different things in your portfolio would confuse buyers. There are plenty of successful users whose portfolios are diverse. But maybe there’s something I’m missing…

1 Like

Hi OvertSounds, thanks for your reaction!

That might be the case, and I know it’ll probably give me more exposure. But weird as it may sound, I’m looking at this as a way to challenge myself I guess. With the Flowsopher account I was kind of ‘in a rut’, and so this way I’m hoping to challenge myself to make this one work as well. Another reason is the genres. Both profiles will operate in a ‘niche’ (Oldschool hiphop and Relaxation music) I want to build the profile around those genres, and these two genres won’t mix nicely I think. It would’ve been a different story if I would’ve wanted to diversify to many more genres I guess…

1 Like

Hi, followed you. Interesting to hear your alter-ego stuff :slight_smile: Such kind seems to be deminded these days, good luck!

1 Like

A challenging choice Martijn, hope it’ll work out.
Respect for your attitude anyway!
Cheers!

1 Like

@SixideBeats, @Ladanauskas Thanks for the comments! I’ll keep you posted on the progress!

1 Like