All Authors: Important Information on how to receive US tax summaries.

Thanks dude!

1 Like

I have a helpful suggestion about sending out hard copy of tax forms on our address.

@matthewcoxy Can we provide phone number and address (same or different from W forms) which will be considered as shipping address and printed outside of shipment?

If allowed, we will be able to provide more complete address with landmarks and phone number which will help the delivery person to contact us in case they don’t find our address.
I know we can update address in W form but still the above option will be helpful and moreover we can’t provide phone number in it.

Providing the complete (or different) shipping address and phone number will be optional. Author can choose to consider same shipping address without phone number as submitted in their W form.

It will also help authors who are travelling or away on vacation. They can provide a separate shipping address and phone number to be printed outside of shipment.

2 Likes

Moderator vs Moderator.
Interesting!

Hey @Templatin,

I’ve relayed your suggestion up the food chain- we all agree that it’s a pretty reasonable request- but it’s not going to be something we are going to be able to get to this time around simply due to time restraints. Apologies.

We know there’s plenty to improve upon in this system, and we certainly know that getting mail in some countries is easier than others. We’re going to try and work to improve upon things with each subsquent year, I think this will be one of the things we look closely at.

-Matt

@matthewcoxy is that mail will be registered? And will only be received in the nearest post office ? right ? I mean I have a mailbox which is accessible to every person who passes my corridor staircase…

Just put a paper announcement on your mailbox: “police mailbox. do not touch”
:slight_smile: Just kidding :slight_smile: I live in the same country, so I know how it is :slight_smile:

@cyzer

Mail will be delivered to whatever address you’ve listed within your billing details, as we’ve said above. We will not be sending through registered mail.

A postman may deliver the mail to a nearby post-office, but this really depends on what the process is in your country.

Envato payment comes from Melbourne but I pay 30% tax to US, how fun is that?

1 Like

I don’t think anybody insinuated that it was fun!

My previous comment was flagged.

My apologies to @SpaceStockFootage if my previous comment was not appropriate. I’m trying to keep the conversation going about a topic that I consider annoying: paying taxes to a country where we don’t live in.

Still Envato doesn’t answer why managing payments from Australia, but opening offices in USA. We are not silly, we have the right to not trust in Envato’s vague answers.

2 Likes

Have these been sent yet? Curious since our address has slightly changed and we don’t want our forms in the wrong hands (non-registered mail doesn’t require ID).

Any news about this?

What kind of news are you looking for?

@SpaceStockFootage - I’m wondering if they started sending the papers via mail and/or emails bc i haven’t received any.

1 Like

Hey @twisted1919, at this stage we have only distributed hard copy forms to authors based in the US (1099 forms)

We’re now working on the forms for authors outside of the US (1042 forms).

1 Like

@matthewcoxy - thanks for the reply. Some fellow romanian authors claim they already received it, any thoughts?
Also what is the status of us being able to get these via email as well?

1 Like

They received the 1099 form because they were treated as US citizens and paid US backup withholding tax (not submitted the W-8 form or did it later in 2016)

1 Like

Gotcha, so we should still wait a lil’ longer.

@Sealord is spot on.

@matthewcoxy Did you send 1042 form to authors in India? I haven’t received it yet.

Please confirm March 31st is the Last Date. We need that before 31st.