After Effects Blue

What do CC users think of the new blue interface in After Effects CC 13.1?

felt_tips said

WHAT???

There is a Blue interface?

realthing said
felt_tips said

WHAT???

the text changed from yellow to blue

realthing said
felt_tips said

WHAT???

Yeah… text and highlights. The UI looks quite different.

Are any of the changes in UI too drastic to where we have to update pre CC 13.1 template video tutorials for our AE projects?

facade said

Are any of the changes in UI too drastic to where we have to update pre CC 13.1 template video tutorials for our AE projects?

No, not really.

felt_tips said
facade said

No, not really.

Ok, that’s good to know. Thanks Felt

Saw this new UI on video (personally didn’t use). But I don’t understand why we need so big tabs? It’s a waste of space! And this blue edges on focused panel… It’s too bright, no?

If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. I mean there was nothing wrong with it being yellow. Have to wait and see to give a good judgement. But i’m a bit sceptical.

Can somebody take a screenshot?

vaynah said

Can somebody take a screenshot?

Watch the lates Kramer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5nBA45DvRo

Looks like vegas pro…

I like it. Looks a bit more “up to date” to me. I find it easier to spot things.

I think since CS4, if you change Appearance/Brightness to make the interface lighter, it changes many of those texts from yellow to blue. So, this change isn’t that surprising because now this blue tone works well on either light or dark interfaces.

What I’m wondering is why can’t the user set his own colors…

Cool stuff but no news about speed :frowning: (and on the other hand we see more speed from other 3D plug in )
I remember Mr Steve Forde speaking about increase the workflow speed and I hope they are still in the game.
Good Luck AE Team :slight_smile: