AE Project *REVIEWS*

I am starting this thread because I want to get an idea of what others think, so your feedback
would be welcomed. For a while now I have been bothered by how the review team reviews new
AE Pojects and their method. First I will say they don’t have an easy job to do and I praise them for their hard work but I do have to question how they are going about it. I have been seeing for a while now way to many Good AE projects being Hard Rejected that I feel SHOULD NOT be rejected.
To often when a Potential Author gets a hard Rejected they get greeted with the review teams favorite automated e-mail:

Rejection E-mail: “Unfortunately your submission isn’t ready for VideoHive and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or Envato Market policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies. Please see our Knowledgebase for more information”

To me this type of e-mail is 1. a slap in the face, 2. it really means nothing and does nothing for
the author. I feel that the review team needs to take more responsibility when they hard reject a project and give some explanation as to why and what is wrong, they don’t have to list everything just give the main big reason so that the author can either fix it or move on to another project Just the word " cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements" is in some way telling the potential author that their project is no good and they have no clue as to what the problem if any may be. AE Projects are becoming more and more popular in the field of film making and there should be room for the most complex projects to the most simple project, it seems that the review team seems to just want the most complex and visual and nothing simple and believe me there are many whollld not be far fetched to say that some of them maybe just selecting a bunch of projects and just sending out Hard Rejections with out even looking at them just to clear the back log, and it would be easy for them to do that because they are not required to tell the author what was wrong just send out the usual automated rejection, at least with them having to give a reason or two and an explanation it insure that a project was actually reviewed. I also feel that they get to criticle and technical for what they want and they make it very hard for potential authors to sell their projects. Turning away an author is turning away money for Videohive as they get a percentage. There needs to be a better balance on Videohive and their should be room for All projects great and small to the very simplest. They could create another section here for those types of projects, it will make them an even bigger site for people to come to to buy. I have seen on other sites I can’t mention by name that sell pretty much Envato does authors that ones came here and were rejected to many times before the said screw it and went elsewhere and let me tell you they have certainly voiced their dissatisfaction with Videohive their in other forums and they are selling their projects that were rejected here on other notable places and their sales are very good, which means their is a market for those projects, people are buying them. If videohive does not lighten up with their reviews of projects these other places are going to be the top places to go and videohive will become the least place. I am an editor and I do a lot of promo work for the CW Network, a lot of my work has been on TV I have been doing it for a long time and I know what is visually effective, what works and does not work, I have seen to many good stuff in item discussion that were good enough to sell and yet the Videohive reviewers rejected them… They really need to give some better feedback on all rejections not just the soft rejection, they need to tell the author what they found to be wrong.

Thanks for reading.

First of all my friend sorry for your rejection it happens with me too 5 to 7 times. Iam also have 10 years of experience and have done for 7 national channels+ regional channels. since I have joined videoihive there may be almost 30000 to 50000 Authors i think. now it’s almost in lakhs. you don’t believe it. when i have done with my first project it was approved in just 4 hours. Now it taking 5 to 7days. there is flood of projects with similar concept in front of videohive reviewers. and the reviewers are all most of them are the marketplace authors like you and me and if you watch their items they achieved most of sales when there are no lots of buyers like now. so as per mine they know which file gonna survive for sale and which file not gonna get sale. keeping in that mind they will review rigorously and put infront of buyer so they can easily buy with out any hesitation. compare it to the other marketplaces no market place will get you better sales of 15 to 100 in a week except videohive.

The rejection reasons may vary.
Some times it was rejected because of project complexity and some time because of lack of quality in your work and some times it may be similar item with same concept which dont gets sales.

lets say what if your file got approved and dont get a sale or get one or two sales. I have deleted 4 projects which dont get sales above 1 or 2 sales because they will kill my porfolio.

just don’t frustrate and make a better one as your experience counts here.give your full acceleration while you are doing work. and after completed just close it for that day and open it on next day just see the preview If there is no lacks in the preview. As you told your working for reputed channel network. so you know how clients will be how they act.

I am also just like an author like you my friend now iam a full time videohive author.now

Last time my file got soft rejected. there is no problem in file structure or any thing. but reviewer wanted that because i have given 10 projects in zip file. so if a buyer gets my project he will confused becuase he did not know what aep file do what. so he wanted to do me a style sheet containing of those aep file pictures in a pdf file so buyers can see that and just select the desired project that he need. It was great tip for me. Because I did not aware of that. Another side he helped me with a unique way. That how review system works my friend.

they wont be able to give you a particular answer for every file. if they have to do there wll be waiting period of 10 days for your each project. I hope you understand my friend :slight_smile:

And sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:

You do Understand what you are saying for the most part and appreciate your comment, one thing that scars me is that Videohive is using authors from here to do reviews and that’s not a good sign because they just maybe rejecting projects that are similar to theirs or others they are friends with here and that is never good, they want to get the sale more. Lets face it every style of projects is going to have similarities to others even almost copying trailer concepts from Hollywood, nothing is ever truly brand spanking new as artist we draw on stuff that’s out their and use it because it works.

The review team should not be Videohive authors, Videohive needs to hire people outside with AE knowledge and a good eye, that way they have nothing to gain be rejecting a project as appose to authors. I still feel they need to lighten up and give some kind of reason for the rejection that in istself will help the author if they know what they are doing wrong in order to make improvements not just for the one project but for others that they will do.

but here is the tricky thing. Doing motion graphics or branding is different from creating templates. Making templates and make them for easy customization for buyers is not that much of easy.

Every Motion graphics designer is not be able to make template for example few of my colleagues which are awesome at motion graphics but they failed while doing templates. so they simply left doing templates. They just work for freelance. Not every creative designer is not able to do templates if he did not know what he is doing and how much it will be easy for buyer like that.

And if reviewer did not know how the templates work he may not be able to do work properly and there may be collapse because of junk in videohive. If he knows how to do templates surely he will try to make templates and he will be author like you and me. have you seen ceo of envato collis profile. even he is also have portfolio in envato market.
even his files under go through review process. Reviewing templates is different story and comes with great experience my friend.

I strongly know that buyer will purchase your file and Not uses the same way that you have created. you know some of my logo reveals has been used for Movie trailers as for title design between shots. never expect he will do the same way that you have created. You have to think the same way as the buyers think. From my experience with other market places the videohive review process is good. I am not supporting envato but I just saying what I felt here.

hey one more thing as per I know the reviewers don’t know who’s file they are reviewing they just can be able to see only files I think not their profiles :slight_smile:

can i have a preview of your rejected project :slight_smile:

Stars1100 said

The review team should not be Videohive authors, Videohive needs to hire people outside with AE knowledge and a good eye, that way they have nothing to gain be rejecting a project as appose to authors.

I could not disagree with you more. The review team should be people from the community and not some “qualified” for the job by documents people who have no idea what is to be an author in such a place.

I can assure you that all your rejection conspiracy theories that reviewers reject items that have similarities to their in order not to lose sales… just don’t exist. :slight_smile:

You are right, it’s normal for many items to have similar elements to others, BUT it’s important that those elements are not the main element in your project.

Let’s just say that there’s a reason that VideoHive is the top notch place for AE templates, and it’s a good thing that not everything passes through the review.

Stars1100 said

Thank you all for your input, I agree with some and disagree with some, I have seen files here that have been rejected and are now on [another site :)] and they are making good sales, so i say its possible that the reviewer may not have always made the right choice to reject.

Can you give us an example?

Wobblefin said
Stars1100 said

Thank you all for your input, I agree with some and disagree with some, I have seen files here that have been rejected and are now on [another site :)] and they are making good sales, so i say its possible that the reviewer may not have always made the right choice to reject.

Can you give us an example?

Forum rules don’t allow linking to similar marketplaces that envato have.

I have a file that had been reject years ago that had sales on a different marketplace