AE File Damaged :(

Hi Friends,

Is there any way to recover the damaged .aep file???
When I tried opening the file, It says,

After effects error: file is damaged.

After effects warning: Unable to read project color settings, color settings reset to factory default.

I would like to get some ideas from you.

Thanks,

Gokul

maybe if you try importing it in a new project could work

Hi Gokul, do you use autosave funtion? You can try to find an undamaged project there.

Hi Doru, I tried importing it in a new project. But most of the compositions are shown like ‘missing footages’. Thank you!

DiegoMirnov said

Hi Gokul, do you use autosave funtion? You can try to find an undamaged project there.

Unfortunately I haven't enabled autosave function :(

Gokul_J said

Hi Doru, I tried importing it in a new project. But most of the compositions are shown like ‘missing footages’. Thank you!

hmm, this is new to me. how can a composition be missing footage?

if you can import it then not all hope is lost. if there are missing footage files just relink them. Important is that you can access the project.

doru said

Actually they are not the footages they are the compositions. They looks like this,

And it was not editable!

Sounds like a corrupted file…

Always use auto-save and save progressively several times a day too. And keep backups in case you lose a hard drive.

Gokul_J said
doru said

Actually they are not the footages they are the compositions. They looks like this,

And it was not editable!

incredible!

felt_tips said

Always use auto-save and save progressively several times a day too. And keep backups in case you lose a hard drive.

Enabled Auto-save :wink:

Besides Auto-Save every 10 minutes, I always use the “increment and save” function, that creates a new project file. With longer projects, I can always go back to a previous project file.

Uhh. Thats why I always save it as a new file when im about to save. I end up having 50-60 aep for only one template :smiley: But it works.

Friends,

I got a solution. I have used a recovery software and it recovered the previously saved file :smiley: