Advanced Gallery Plugin for Wordpress/JQuery

Hey everyone! I wanted to know, if someone could possibly make a gallery (wordpress) plugin that can create galleries/slideshows like this photo illustrates:

The idea is that in one column of the Gallery you can have the Product photo, then to the left/right of it a short write up of the product including links, and also social media links, and a space for advertisement banner to be added (as you can see in the photo. This style of gallery is typically found on sites like StyleList, Glamour, Vogue, Refinery29 to showcase a few). It would be wonderful if bloggers who utilize the wordpress platform had something similar.

So can anyone create something similar, or does anyone know if something like it exist here on CC or elsewhere, or perhaps even using an existing plugin, we can achieve a similar effect?? It would be much appreciated, and I also think a plugin like this would sell exceptionally well, as in today’s world, most bloggers like myself are after this exact style of galleries.

~Shae :slight_smile:

If you can’t find something similar, I’ll develop it for you.

Contact me via PM

Thanks

Is anyone here able to create? Or anyone knows of any existing plugins that would give me the same options I am after?

Here too is another example: Redbook

I basically just want a slideshow that can go between all the slides, has the ability to see the thumbnails, also has social share options and a space for html/text and for ads to be placed in it.

shae101s said

Is anyone here able to create? Or anyone knows of any existing plugins that would give me the same options I am after?

I basically just want a slideshow that can go between all the slides, has the ability to see the thumbnails, also has social share options and a space for html/text and for ads to be placed in it.

Hello,
I was curious if you ever found this type slide show plugin or had one created ?

Thank you!
Gina

We’re working on a gallery similar to this. Though, I think you forgot to mention one - if not the MOST important point - of these type of galleries / slideshows. Each “slide” transition should be counted as a page view which is what triggers a new ad from your ad provider. If it doesn’t trigger a new hash / view count, the ad provider will not know it’s a new url. I hope I’m explaining that well.

Look at the various examples you gave, and pay attention to the URL of the page as you “slide” to the next image. That is what’s allowing new ads to be served by the ad provider.

We work with many magazines and newspapers, so we’re in the process of developing a similar plugin - one that also counts each slide with a new view helping you to increase your page views, while allowing you to get more ads served. WIN-WIN!

More than 50% complete with development. If any of you are interested in being beta testers before we release the plugin, let me know via our profile. Thx.

Hi yes I’m aware of the whole page refresh count thing, and yes I do need that feature for sure, so I’m happy to hear you are working on something like that. I would totally be interested in Beta Testing it out on my blog. Will send a message via your profile, thanks!

wpsitenet said

We’re working on a gallery similar to this. Though, I think you forgot to mention one - if not the MOST important point - of these type of galleries / slideshows. Each “slide” transition should be counted as a page view which is what triggers a new ad from your ad provider. If it doesn’t trigger a new hash / view count, the ad provider will not know it’s a new url. I hope I’m explaining that well.

Look at the various examples you gave, and pay attention to the URL of the page as you “slide” to the next image. That is what’s allowing new ads to be served by the ad provider.

We work with many magazines and newspapers, so we’re in the process of developing a similar plugin - one that also counts each slide with a new view helping you to increase your page views, while allowing you to get more ads served. WIN-WIN!

More than 50% complete with development. If any of you are interested in being beta testers before we release the plugin, let me know via our profile. Thx.

Hey Gina, nothing yet, but I see @Wpsitenet has plans to do something similar so I’m hoping that it would the perfect fit.

GMR926 said
shae101s said

Hello,
I was curious if you ever found this type slide show plugin or had one created ?

Thank you!
Gina