AdRev vs PRO

“Publishing controlled” is the information that is passed on to Youtube then to PROs. IPI is optional because it’s related to PROs and is not needed to use AdRev.

1 Like

@PurpleFogSound I admire you. Do you know why there is only one field for IPI? And whose IPI should it be? Writer’s or publisher’s?

I don´t know how they track the music in YouTube, I just register all my tracks using the form available in the website. All my music in BMI is associated to my real name and my pseudonym (e-soundtrax). Also I have my music register with Adrev, but I never fill the “Publishing Controlled” where you can put your IPI, etc. So I really don´t know how they track the music. I guess they find it with my pseudonym and not by the title because all my titles are Corporate, Upbeat, etc,…

same here. I have my music registered with AdRev and see a lot of action there but nothing on BMI. Do they have people it…it’s crazy if it’s all peopel just tracking it. Have you ever seen any royalties from them from use in tv/film?

In my last report I start to see tv/film royalties, but nothing representative. As I understand the royalties from tv may take longer to be paid. (Up to 2 year in the case of international royalties)

I ask about this and they said that this is a YouTube bug showing other companies claiming ownership to publishing rights in the video descriptions and there is no set date as to when this will be fixed. :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I’m guessing you want to put your IPI. Don’t know what you should do if you’re both writer and your own publisher, though.

1 Like

uhm… curiouser and curiouser…

Unbelievable.

I will repeat my unanswered question, maybe somebody knows it:

I just called my PRO (Zaiks) and they told me that YOUTUBE do not pay royalties for music in commercials. Bullshit or not? Otherwise - did you receive any royalties from youtube commercials?