Adrev.net really rocks !

Adrev.net really rocks and it’s really worked !
I’ve just got a really nice first payment from Adrev.net
You should really get paid for youtube videos that using your music.
I really recommend it !

http://bit.ly/1j8t57v

Cheers !

AG

if only i could find them lol

KabbalisticVillage said

if only i could find them lol

You dont need to find them…Adrev will find them for you ,
just upload the tracks you would like to trace and they will trace them in a week !

I don’t understand… “claims against unauthorized individuals and/or entities who are using and/or exploiting your User Submitted Content on YouTube”… but if they have purchased your song, they are authorized.

Who pays the money? The person who has used your music in a video? Does he have to pay twice for it? Anyway, thanks for sharing! Perhaps there is no conflict with the licenses, I’m no law expert.

RoyaltyFreak said

I don’t understand… “claims against unauthorized individuals and/or entities who are using and/or exploiting your User Submitted Content on YouTube”… but if they have purchased your song, they are authorized.

Who pays the money? The person who has used your music in a video? Does he have to pay twice for it? Anyway, thanks for sharing! Perhaps there is no conflict with the licenses, I’m no law expert.

Well,I’m not that expert that much with the law also dear,but im with Adrev for the last 4 months and everything is looking good from there side and all the youtube users side…

So maybe try it. It also seems a good way to find your videos on youtube. Do they give you the links to videos where they have found your music?

RoyaltyFreak said

So maybe try it. It also seems a good way to find your videos on youtube. Do they give you the links to videos where they have found your music?

Absolutely
Check this out : http://cl.ly/TQzq

RoyaltyFreak said

Another Screenshot : http://cl.ly/TRhB

Wow, it is a very interesting option to find videos. You can also add a link to your music in the video description.

But you only get paid if an ad wasn’t skipped or if it was clicked. How often does it happen?
I can’t open your links, btw.

||+970552|Art-of-Sound said-|| But you only get paid if an ad wasn't skipped or if it was clicked. How often does it happen?

for my opinion its not really matter if it was clicked or skipped…but im not sure for that…we need to check it out…

Can some other guy get paid from other peoples music? Its like PRO?

The problem with AdREV is that it sends content match to every video with your music and puts ads on and before the videos, regardless whether the music was properly licensed or not. So it’s kind of not fair to the people who purchased licenses to use your music in their videos.
Although the content match can be disputed it’s still a hassle.

1 Like
||+970559|Art-of-Sound said-|| The problem with AdREV is that it sends content match to every video with your music and puts ads on and before the videos, regardless whether the music was properly licensed or not. So it's kind of not fair to the people who purchased licenses to use your music in their videos. Although the content match can be disputed it's still a hassle.

but its happens only for users that activated there adsense acount and they allready accepted to have ads on there videos,am i right?

No, it happens to everyone who uses your music. Even if people run ads for monetization their ads will be replaced with your ads. So in my opinion, if you’re in the stock music business, AdRev is not the right option for you.

||+970568|Art-of-Sound said-|| No, it happens to everyone who uses your music. Even if people run ads for monetization their ads will be replaced with your ads. So in my opinion, if you're in the stock music business, AdRev is not the best option for you.

+1 This is instantly what I was thinking, if it puts forced ads on people’s videos without them wanting it, it could Creat quite the mess. You should really find out, would be interesting to know. Thanks though for the heads up on something like this in any case.

1 Like

Art-of-Sounds is correct, it will replace ads to those who have monetized their videos.

Content-id is a slippery slope. If someone monetized their video with a track of yours and their video is for, tissues as an example, they may get ads placed on their video with a competitors brand, which would probably make them pretty angry.

Your music should also be exclusive to deal with adrev and any content id system.

I know many RF libraries refuse to deal with tracks that are involved with content id. It can cause a lot of problems for clients and libraries.

Just be careful, I have heard many horror stories with content id.

Sophonic said

it could create quite the mess.

Yep, that’s the reason why certain libraries don’t accept music fingerprinted with AdRev and similar services.

Also, I know that you must sign up at least for 1 year with AdRev.

I agree with Art-of-Sound. I registered some of my tracks with a site like this and after reading more about this kind of service I emailed them to remove my tracks. They aim for everyone that are using your tracks even if they have the right to use them. So even if a YT user bought our tracks, if these services find the videos with our music they will slap an ad on the vid and that is just unfair. Fortunately this service didn’t find any YT videos with my tracks.

1 Like

This is from their F.A.Q.
Seems if they provide a legit license for use they can get rid of the ads, but by the time they figure out why they are having ads, tracking down ad company, and providing license they will most likely be pretty upset.

“Can the person who used my music in his or her video stop us from allowing YouTube to place ads on it?
If a user has not properly licensed your material, they have two options- allow ads to run, or have their video taken down and receive a copyright strike on their channel.”