AdRev and tracks which are "ignored" by Youtube CID

This may be useful for some of you. I just have found there is a way to check in AdRev which tracks are “ignored” by Youtube CID.

Generally Youtube ignores most of percussive tracks, some remixes and some tracks based on library loops and all tracks which are shorter than 30 seconds. Unfortunately it’s not so obvious to verify which tracks are rejected by Youtube CID because AdRev do not inform us directly about this.

But there is a walkaround. If you do not fill the ISRC field during the submission, Youtube CID will create “dummy” ISRC for you. But only for those tracks which passed verification. So you can go to AdRev submission page and download .csv file with all your submitted tracks. If there is no ISRC code = your track is ignored by CID.

Of course it works only when you do not fill ISRC field. If you filled it, you can always try to ask their support for a list of rejected tracks.

8 Likes

Thanks for the tip, Krzysiek !

Didn’t know Youtube rejected tracks without AdRev telling us about it. That’s a bit scary.
By downloading the CSV file, I found out that four of my tracks do not have ISRCs and thus had been rejected. But I have no idea why.

Will have to ask the guys at AdRev, though I’m pretty sure I’m going to get a vague answer that won’t explain anything.

1 Like

https://isrc.ifpi.org/en/why-use

ISRC is intended for use by producers and users of sound recordings and music videos.

Examples include record labels, as well as by copyright organisations, broadcasting organisations, libraries, licensees etc.

ISRC is normally assigned to recordings by the first owner of the recording. Other parties that need to use ISRCs will usually obtain them from the owners of recordings.

Recording owners assign ISRCs to their recordings, following a simple process. The ISRC system is designed to enable each distinct recording to be identified by a unique ISRC. To allow this, recording owners register to obtain ISRC Registrant Codes, which form the basis of the ISRCs assigned to recordings.

Owners of recordings may for example be independent artists, record labels or recorded music groups. ISRC is available to all owners of recordings regardless of their membership (or not) with any industry association.

When a recording has an ISRC it can be uniquely and easily identified.

This is a first step in being able to manage recordings and associated revenues.

• Producers of recordings assign ISRCs to their recordings to allow each recording to be clearly, unambiguously distinguished from other recordings across complex value chains
  • Digital distributors use ISRC within their databases and stores, linked to information such as reviews, and for sales reporting
  • Music Licensing Companies use ISRC to identify tracks and to implement track-based distribution and reporting
  • Broadcasters and webcasters use ISRC in their reports of the usage of recordings
  • ISRC may also have a role in certain anti-piracy scenarios

With the transition to digital commerce, the ISRC has become increasingly important, as it can reliably identify recordings when data is exchanged between different proprietary systems.

How do I check for all of my songs? I downloaded the csv file for this month and it only shows the results for the tracks this month…what about tracks that weren;t used illegally this month?

Hey KV, you want to download the csv from the “submitted” page, not from the monthly reports.

1 Like

Thanks @SteelSound I assume that you recommend getting and filling ISRC code before AdRev submition.

I admit that ISRC codes might be important outside the Youtube. But actually why we need them on Youtube? Which media read Youtube ISRC codes? Radio, TV, and other streaming services use their own files, not Youtube. And I suppose it’s not easy to read ISRC codes from Youtube videos. Even more - I’m pretty sure that my PRO doesn’t collect ISRC data so AdRev>Youtube CID>PRO chain also doesn’t use it, at least in my case.

BTW I have to think about coding ISRC in my AudioJungle waves and mp3. Thought I’m not sure if it’s really important. Almost all our tracks are used in videos = ISRC is omitted during the render of the new video file. But true, maybe some of our files are played directly somewhere and ISRC is collected so we can expect additional PRO royalties.

In all honesty I really do not know. We all follow a strategy and I personally have not gotten ISRC codes prior to uploading music on audio jungle. I do release many of my tracks to consumer streaming stores and get ISRC codes, but I use “poetic” titles for my tracks as album releases. That may cause another weird conflict because everything here is titled is inspiration, the indie rock, pop rock, motivation, jazz, funk, etc…

Thanks for this useful information!!