Activating theme license on subdomain or main domain?

hello
I read a topic about a person who has used the theme license for the main domain and then wanted to use it for the subdomain, but my question is a bit different.
I’ve installed my temporary website on a subdomain and after finishing the design process, I must transfer it to the main domain. do I need to enter license number into subdomain website theme?
can I re-enter the license into main domain website later?
regards.

Envato doesn’t have any official system for handling theme activation; these are instead implemented by the authors of the themes, and so the process for each theme will be different.

What you want to do is allowed, but I would advise you to contact the author and figure out the best way to accomplish it with their system.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding,
how can I find the author?!

I would recommend you go through their support channel; to get there, find the item’s page on ThemeForest and click the “Support” tab towards the top. It will be directly below the theme’s title.

There are also a few other ways you can get in touch with them. This article lists them all: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/203039054-How-to-contact-an-author

If you still can’t find it, feel free to post the name of the theme you purchased, and we’ll give you a link.

Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes