Account Locked Out. This is unprofessional.

I just bought the “pointfinder” theme yesterday and today my account was locked out for no reason.

Envato should at least tell what is the reason for being locked out. How can they take money and lock out the next day? Is this the way customers are treated?

Here is about your issue details

I have read this thread and only after that did i post here. I did not do anything mentioned in the post. I purchased the theme yesterday and logged into my envato account today once again. It’s fine if you want to block it, but “state the reason” while blocking it. How do i know if you blocked it at your discretion and who suffers the financial loss if the fault was at your end?

Open a Help Ticket
They would like to assist you,Hope your issue will be solved.

I did the same.

I received the following reply.

"I understand how important for you to access your account as soon as possible. I’m currently looking into it and just need to pass your ticket along to a specialized team who will further check your account. Please expect a response within 5 business days.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.
Warm regards,
Andie"

They are not stating the reason for locking out the account and 5 business days to state the reason is highly unreasonable.

I just wish i got a refund for the theme and i would never log in to envato again. Never.

My opinion is keep patience hope they will solved your issue they said about waiting for 5 business day.
their expert team will check & let you know.