Account Lock Down

Hello forum, am having difficulties accessing my account on both themeforest and Codecanyon.

At first, I purchased a WordPress plugin from Codecanyon, after a few days to login to the account so I would be a able to comment a complain, there came the “Account Lock Out Notice” asking me to contact support, I did but it didn’t help since they couldn’t resolve anything.

Just yesterday, I created a new account to make a purchase from themeforest, I was already on the purchase process and just after hitting the “Make Payment” button, here comes the “Account Locked Out” notice asking me to contact support, I did and I got a reply that the complain will be forwarded to the team, up till now, nothing.

I created a different account with same themeforest for same purchase of a theme and just after hitting the “Make Payment” button, here comes the “Account Lock Out” notice asking me to contact support.

My fear: won’t they bill me since I already got to the end point of the purchase process??

Am always able to access all these three accounts on envato market but none of them could be found on either Codecanyon or Themeforest.

What is this all about please? …I thought envato had a little reputation or have they just turned this bad?

Why would they lock up a customer’s Account without any prior or “after” notices??

The whole thing is disgraceful, disrespectful, embarrassing and I don’t know…

Hello!

Please open a Help ticket and let them know. Envato support team is the right team to check this account related things.

Thanks

Please red this first

https://forums.envato.com/t/locked-envato-accounts-read-first/96819/23