Academia wordpress theme issue

I have purchased theme but not getting uploaded by all means via FTP via Filezilla or via upload theme, trying to connect but of no use. Request for refund if no assistance and support.

Have you definitely purchased the WP version and not the HTML or otherwise?

What error are you getting?

Are you sure you are trying to install just the theme and not the entire download from TF?

Have you asked the author for help?

WP version I have purchased and I have been installing only theme, through cpanel ftp attached is the status
not showing theme in preview. via theme upload through wp-admin also not getting uploaded.

Author help was asked but was briefed for 2 working days. Not sure what to do go further.

while Installing Theme from uploaded file: academia-child.zip is getting uploaded but academia is not …

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

This theme requires a parent theme. Checking if it is installed…

The parent theme could not be found. You will need to install the parent theme, academia, before you can use this child theme.

Theme installed successfully.

So that means there are probably 2 theme copies (parent and child) in the download and you need to install the parent one first

If parent could have been properly installed why I had been installing
child version.

That’s a wrong assessment,pls either refund or get it resolved.

Regards
Vaibhav Bhatnagar
Mob.+91-9971010680

Both themes using that name are quite well reviewed - I think you will just have to be patient with the author.

The theme wouldn’t be available if it was incomplete or wouldn’t install and you would probably not be entitled to a refund unless it is actually broken

How to connect with author of this theme, I have already mailed & raised this concern and waiting for assistance.

Regards

Vaibhav Bhatnagar,

Mob:- 9971010680

Hello!

To use the Child theme you MUST also have installed its parent theme.

So, first of all install the parent theme of Academia, and after that, activate the academia-child

-All the best!

1 Like

Looks like you’re not able to manage the theme installation but you can purchase this service if you’d prefer:

I need a solution for this. please.

Hi @amvidaurre,

Welcome to the forums! If you need assistance with an item purchased on ThemeForest, you need to contact its author:

Thanks,
Luca

Thanks.