A SaaS License?

Is it possible to introduce a new license for SaaS type products? I’m getting lots of requests from clients who want to turn a product of mine into a SaaS (users pay a monthly fee to use the service). AFAIK, SaaS is no covered under the Extended License. Could we possibly have a SaaS license to support these types? Or do I have to tell these potential clients it’s not possible?

2 Likes

Particularly SaaS is covered under the extended license I believe.

Which license do I need for an end product that is only accessible to paying users?
If the end users need to pay to see the end product, you need an Extended License. There can be more than one end user as long as there is only one end product.

Example: A website that requires money before you can access the content

1 Like

What about SaaS that offers a free plan in addition to paid tiers? In my case, it’s completely free up to a certain level of usage, then users can upgrade to a paid plan to increase their usage limits. The FAQ suggests the regular license may be fine, but I wanted to be sure.

Which license do I need for an end product that is free, but has parts you need to pay to access?
If the item is used within the free part, the Regular License if fine. If the item is used only in a part that requires payment to access, you need the Extended License.

Example: If you were using a 3d model of a sword for a game and you could only get the sword by buying it, you’d need the Extended License. If it was the starting weapon that even non-paying users could use, all you’d need is the Regular License.