A reviewers day...

LOL guys you made my day :smiley:
I’m a teacher and I think a reviewer’s day is pretty like having a no-end full pack of papers to mark : a nightmare.
I try to remember this each time I have de hard reject it helps my to forgive ^^

@Andrei_Abovo there’s not on reviewer assigned for each of us, you can see who approved your tracks in “history” tab of each track and they’re different :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aaaand we are back to blaming reviewers…it was supposed to be a about piglets damn you all!

Guys, this thread was never intented for that reason… it was made to have a lighthearted discussion on how a day of a reviewer passes on (obviously very slow and full of medication and alcohol to ease the pain of having to listen to all the inspirational tracks).

4 Likes

Now to get this topic back on track…

6 Likes

Piglets.

Piglets > Reviewers. Easier to discuss :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s impossible for anybody to definitively say that you are wrong. But for the same reason, it’s also impossible to say if you are right. Just like the old saying, ‘one man’s junk, is another man’s treasure’… one person’s definition of what is bad, is another person’s definition of what is good.

And at the end of the day, what matters is what the reviewers define as good, and on 18 occasions the reviewer has decided that your item did not meet the required standard for approval. You may feel that’s wrong, it seems like you do… but there’s not really that much that can be done about it.

And although I can’t disprove the statement that Envato are ‘not interested in good tracks’ in any kind of quantifiable fashion… the fact that AudioJungle has a large number of high quality files (in my opinion) that sell very well… leads me to believe that you’re wrong, and they are interested in good tracks. They would have gone out of business a long time ago if their business plan was specifically founded on not accepting good tracks.

1 Like

See? That is the classic problem with that egocentric view you have. The world outside doesn’t stop while you are working on your tracks. Yes you might have improved, but at the same time this market is undergoing massive development. Tons of great, experienced, highly professional authors are coming here to compete everyday. PRO opened new perspectives for professionals. Stuff that sold two years ago might not even get accepted today.

So, it might be a good idea to get real and look for mistakes at your end, not everybody elses.

Also, have you watched this? This was incredibly helpful for me in the beginning.

This is also a great resource (usually included in the rejection mail by the reviewers). https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202501644-Music-General-Acceptance-and-Sales-Tips-For-musicians-by-musicians-

1 Like

@RobertSlump
This topic went off track. Maybe start another? :slight_smile:

This is now Andrei Abovo - The Thread! :joy:

Cheers Marian, it’s cool…
Maybe a moderator can clean this mess up a bit?

2 Likes

Mmm…bacon…Marge do we have any piglets…rejection…Doh.

1 Like

I recently thought about creating some new music and submitting it to AudioJungle. However, after all of this talk about “rejections”, it’s not very inspiring. Perhaps I’ll stick with coding.

On the main topic, it sure would have been interesting to see a reviewer answer this though. I’m just going to assume that will never happen. But I would assume it’s a lot like when you do any repetitious job over time. I imagine that every time they watch a movie or listen to a commercial, they can’t help but inadvertently judge what they are hearing on a technical level. Much in the same way that playing GTA5 for 15 straight hours and then making a run to the store makes you just want to drive through 27 back yards while taking out a few cats and throwing sticky bombs at every van you see (even though the store is only 2 blocks away). Okay, maybe that’s just me.

2 Likes