A plea to AudioJungle authors, New and Old! (Preview vs Final file duration)

Thank you for your wishes @FunkyMunkyStudio. We must increasingly engage in dialogue with buyer. It is mutually beneficial!

Intros and Outros? Sorry not really sure what kind of answer uā€™re looking forā€¦
Any example questions?

Iā€™m sorry for being unclear, I mean beginnings and endings of the music tracks - are there better and worse types of endings for example? If you still donā€™t know what to say, then there are probably no troubles in this area :slight_smile:

I just came to think about something when you said thisā€¦ The gap in the beginning, are you talking about a super small gap like a millisecond? Youā€™re probably not, but if you do the reason is that the preview has to be uploaded in mp3 format. mp3 stores some metadata (i believe) in the track itself which results in a little blank millisecond in the start. If the final product is .wav, it wonā€™t have that little gap and thus they are not 100% identical in length. Probably just a stupid thought, why would you care about a millisecond or two :smiley:

Iā€™m talking about the way a track starts and ends, for example sometimes it ends with a long or a short chord after a chorus, other times it has some kind of outro before the final chord. One of my buyers once told me he bought my track because he liked the cold ending of it. Iā€™m wondering what else is there to know about endings. End beginnings. And everything :smiley:

Iā€™m aware of the millisecond difference in mp3s, nope not referring to that :slight_smile:

Usually my clients prefer more impactful endingsā€¦ buildup and then a more powerful ending.
Again, depends on the genre.
Most important are ups and downs in the song.

Also, variations (different versions) to your songs are very important. The song may be good but just something in there e.g. a funky violin or grungy guitar or some distortion effect, and itā€™ll put the listener off. So thatā€™s why variations without those effects are important.

Again, just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Just make the track that we buy the same as the preview track. Multiple tracks (versions) are very difficult to deal with using replacement in a project, especially when we mix a start and ending together from different versions. We take those out of one preview track. When I buy the track iā€™m stunned to find out it is made out of 6 different files. My project is a mess now. How hard is it to make the same file as the preview file, even with multiple versions in one track?

Thanks for offering your valuable advice, itā€™s so great to hear from customers about what you need!

Never suppose that preview can be different from main file. Actually itā€™s weird stuff. Just putting watermark on final mix always. How it can be made different?