A lot of junk

Is it only me or is there just a lot of junk in the market sekction. I use WP and therfore some plugins. Many is top, but I have for the 4 time agein bought a plugin that is no longer supported. Even the link to the author was pointing to a scam site.

Is it only me, or was it a good idea for envato to do some “dusting”?

Br
Henrik

I believe they are working towards exactly this, but obviously in the biggest marketplace online and especially when envato do not own the items for sale, it is a significant job that will take time.

I understand. But something as simple as asking authors renew there product in serten intervals, or product is not listed, could do the trick.

It’s just frustrating, searching for a plugin, finding it among 100 other and reading comments, for just paying for something that do’s not work. Then having to get thrue a refund proces.

Just my thougts :slight_smile:

Again, it’s a very valid idea but as envato do not own these items there no way for them to know the level of compatibility.

The only option would be to demand constant compatibility with latest versions which would put a lot of pressure on authors and almost certainly drive significant numbers away

@charlie4282 ,

So your statement “The only option would be to demand constant compatibility with latest versions which would put a lot of pressure on authors and almost certainly drive significant numbers away”

So you would agree it is Envato $$$ Profit over quality.

See, when I buy from Envato and it is poor quality, Envato gets their $$$ and I have no way of getting a refund. A simple demo does not always expose flaws in a product, you only see them after purchase such as bad code, out dated code, no documentation and bad support after purchase.

Thank you for making it clear.

Just a heads up that if you buy an item that is poor quality/doesn’t work, and the Author isn’t responding to refund requests, you can contact Envato directly and they’ll take care of it.

1 Like

To be clear, if you purchase an item and there is a demonstratable issue e.g. it’s broken, bugged, etc. then you absolutely have ways of getting a refund.

I don’t think anyone pretends it’s a flawless model, but it’s a balance of Envato’s profits as much as buyers’ choice, and authors’ earnings.

Certainly part of Envato’s success has come from the balance they achieve between quality and quantity, which no one else has come close to. If they were to say ‘all items must remain at the latest version of …’ then responsible authors may well shut up shop because they are not able to guarantee this, which would be bad for everyone (buyers and authors and Envato), and less responsible authors who would just carry on regardless.

But the main question remains - How would Envato police and enforce this? If you have a feasible solution to this then I am certain that Envato would want to hear it.