A bittersweet Level 8 Badge and a time to be grateful.

Yay, I guess! Made it to Level 8! :confetti_ball:

I made a quick math and at the current pace I’ll be Level 9 when I’m 107 so let’s call this a wrap. It’s not news at all I’m quite dissapointed with the way things are in stock music, but this time gratitude prevails.

My brief story: I joined AJ around 2016 with a handful of tracks and at 2017, bam, I lost my day job. Envato literally saved my life; I wouldn’t have been able to make a living transitioning from my 9-to-5 at the production house I was working at to full stock freelancing, which is now my main source of income. But, man, it took a bunch of time and effort to build a decent client book.

Envato and only Envato gave me the possibility to keep doing what I love without having the urge to jump into the first job I could manage to grab. Now I still make a decent bonus and just recently discovered the stream of ContentId which is awesome. It all adds up.

I really want to thank all the community in the first place; some very dear and very helpful colleagues that helped me countless times, too numerous to mention but you know who you are guys. I want to thank @collis , @BenLeong , @KingDog and all the Envato team who always gave me support when I really needed it.

I wish the new generation of authors and everyone here the very best.

Over and out!
:beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers:

PS: I’ll keep ranting around anyway. The forums are my social media. :older_man:

39 Likes

Congrats and the badge! And I hear what you’re saying about the current cool down in the tech sector. Hopefully things will rebound soon :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Congrats @WormwoodMusic ! Well deserved. And these days 107 isn’t that unlikely.

2 Likes

Super! Congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations reaching level 8!

1 Like

Congrats!!

1 Like

Congratulations ! Awesome achievement !

Congrats bo! :fire:

1 Like

Congrats @WormwoodMusic!

1 Like

Well deserved! :gift:

1 Like

Thx, chabón!

I order you to live up to 132 years, and not cry here about such trifles! :wink:
(*I will check how you completed my order))

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Oye! Que no me había pasado por aquí a felicitar!
Hagámoslo con un poquito de Sonic Youth!! :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations and thanks for all you’ve done for the community. Having you experience and expertise is a great asset.

BTW, I’ll be 107 before I reach that 70% positive threshold and have more than 10 tracks, so don’t feel bad :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Congrats, my brother!

1 Like

:money_mouth_face::+1::clap:

1 Like

Congrats :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

Congrats! :tada:

Congratulations!
It’s very inspiring. :sun_with_face: