9 Hard Rejections in a Row: Comedy, Epic, Suspense, Romantic, ... Every Attempt

I am a user, not a creator, so I can’t advise on technical issues or what is expected from creators. However, as a user, I can tell you if I would or wouldn’t use these tracks and why. My general preference is epic, orchestral, cinematic type tracks so, all fit my category.

I would like to make a few points first: When choosing a track, I don’t know the mood or type of video the creator had in mind when creating it and the title has no bearing on my decision. I mostly look for a specific duration to match the clip I have and go from there.

There are two situations where I would search for a track. First, I have a video that needs it. Or second, I’m searching random tracks that will inspire a new video. In either case, I close my eyes and try to picture this music with my chosen video or see if one of my videos pop into sync with it.

So, closing my eyes and in ‘random track search’ mode, here’s what happened with each of the four tracks you listed above:

Comedy: Orchestral Mischief

None of my videos came to mind listening to this track. I did, however, picture a kid playing on an inexpensive keyboard he got for Christmas. No offense intended here. Others may have a different opinion. This is just mine and sugar-coating it won’t give you the feedback you’re requesting.

Epic: Epic Orchestral Rage & Fury

This track doesn’t fit with most of my subject matter but I can image it supporting an off road adventure tackling tough uphill terrain. It seems sluggish though, like something is holding it back. Although I do detect that something is amiss, this is a track that I would license.

Suspense: Dank Dark Creepy Orchestra

Straight out of the box, the first note I hear is from a xylophone, or something similar. I’m not a fan so my opinion here may be biased. Overall, I find the track to be quite monotone but fine for what it is. That xylophone overwhelms though. Perhaps, if more distant and less of a main instrument may make a difference.

Romantic: Sad Emotional Romantic Orchestra

This track is the winner. During the first three notes, a specific video came to mind and the rest of the track naturally fell in line with it. It fit the mood perfectly and well supports the clip. Two things I don’t like is that it is too short. I would like to see it 4-6 minutes and fading out at the end the same way it built up at the beginning would be a great asset as I think it ended too abruptly. Overall, though, this is definitely a track I would license as is.

So this is my opinion of your four examples, based on how I choose tracks. I know how it feels to be critiqued on works that you’re proud of so I hope I didn’t strike too hard. You did ask, though, and not telling you my real feelings would do nothing to help you. I wish you luck and don’t give up. That first accepted track will feel great!

1 Like

Thank you so much TimeCapturer for spending so much time to listen to all 4 tracks and giving me your detailed opinion, I really appreciate it! :pray:

I really needed the opinion of a potential buyer, and yours was very helpful :+1: and probably more positive and motivating than you think! :smile:

Good luck to you too my friend!