7 Reversals in 2 days

As it seems instead of earning money i am loosing money. Anyone else had this many reversals this days?

1 Like

Reversals very much should exist… they’re an integral security measure for users of credit cards and payment providers. Fraudulent reversals shouldn’t exist, but unfortunately do… and are very difficult to prove.

As far as I’m aware, reversals have to be processed manually, and they’re processed in batches… so while you may have had 7 reversals applied to your account in 2 days, those reversals may have been over a period of 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months.

1 Like

Hi, Same here four reversals we had yesterday :frowning:

2 Likes

@SpaceStockFootage your solution is not a solution but just a theory and what GR is claiming to be their scape goat for this but for me is money and hours of work going down the drain. How is possible after 2 months to be refund for fraud come on man if someone reported his card stolen all purchases are frozen the first 3 days i know this because my friend is working in a bank. 2 of those refunds came in after 3 hours of purchase how is this possible if someone didnt find the way to scum GR to get free designs. From the moment GR cant protect us from this THEY should cut their loses and not us after all we pay them loyalties for this reason to have us covered from all this too. I had another refund today of a sale i had 3 months ago this doesnt even make sense is case of dispute that normally is 15 days and not 3 months. And by accident all this refunds from different byers happening in a period of 3 days come on if this is not fishy then i dont know what is.

4 Likes

You didn’t ask for a solution, and I didn’t provide a solution… I have no idea who marked my comment as a solution. Still, search for reversals/chargebacks in the forums (or elsewhere), and brush on up on what they are, why they occur, and what can be done about them. If you have any questions that haven’t been previously covered then I’d be happy to try my best to answer.

1 Like

we all know what reversals are all about (we are not newly-born-birdies), this is not the point . Maybe u should try to understand that this is his work that has been heavily stolen (because 6 overall is huge but 6 in one day , this is rather a nightmare indeed and i do not know who would be happy about this) and that this is meaning a lot of lost sales for him. He may have a family to feed, bills to pay and so on and really needs the concerned money in this troubled time - when sales are bad - instead of experiencing reversals and finding his work in pirate websites and have his items very unlikely to sell in the future …

2 Likes

Yes, nobody likes reversals. So what should we do about it? Knowing everything you know about reversals and how they work… what is the solution?

1 Like

i used to mention about this , i am sure that insurance could work for such issues, as for any commerce when they get stolen … apple also demands a digital signature on every purchase placed in iTunes to avoid refunds of digital goods (they are still accepted here despite the high risk of piracy), pls let me remind u that once digital items are downloaded , this is lost for authors. i will also add this. This is sad that authors seem to be suspected of doing bad things - because of a handful of cheaters having many accounts - and will all have to go through ID check at a time because of a few black goats doing nonsensical things but that the checking does not apply to buyers when we know what is going on with issues like reversals, on the other hand …

1 Like

Insurance is always more expensive than the issue it covers, so it would result in losing more money. ID checks shouldn’t apply to buyers, it’s not like we’re selling weapons, financial services or houses or anything… I can’t imagine anywhere like Apple, Amazon, McDonalds or Starbucks being anywhere near as popular if you had to provide a passport, driving license and a bank statement when you go in. As for the digital signatures, I don’t use iTunes so I’m not sure what they are, but I’d be very surprised if they stop reversals.

1 Like

Itunes are not having reversals i guess, as u have to register with name card number and so on before buying and they do not have “refunds” because they ask u to state that u will not cancel your purchase so that if u tried this would be illegal … and they would not refund anyways (they are aware that they sell digital goods that are “gone” in case u download them). mcdonalds and starbucks have no business here as they are physical shops this is thus irrelevant a comparison. Checking the ID of buyers is not less justified than checking the ID of a seller , especially with your logics. So why are authors being controlled? because they may cheat with the number of accounts ? but who is really being hurt by this anyways? when buyers cheating and issuing a reversal process this is hurting … because we know that a lot of people doing this actually send authors’ items to pirate websites, so whose ID is most interesting to control in your opinion?

1 Like

Based on a quick Google search, reversals are very much a thing on iTunes. So if Apple haven’t figured out a way round them, what makes you think Envato can?

Envato also ask you not to cancel your purchase, so it’s ‘illegal’ here too. Not exactly water-tight is it?

I’m sorry, but you say that you know what reversals are all about, but every comment you make regarding reversals gives the impression that you don’t. If you did then you’d know that nothing can be done.

(Well, things could be done, but they’d end up losing you more money than how things are currently… i.e. insurance, or getting the customer to wait 120 days after payment before they can download, only accepting cash or crypto as payment etc etc.)

1 Like

lol as usual u are lecturing people and telling them u know better than them but all this is ending up with is asking the concerned people to solve the problems while considering that there are no possible solutions, which is very much of the easy way, to say the least. Thieves are safe with your methods and they have no real reason to worry, this is for sure, they can keep their business as usual. As usual authors should accept it all and be happy no matter what. This is true that this time is such a paradise for designers with sales going down 67%, at least - depending on people of course but for a good deal of people this is this sort of collapse that they are facing - ( for instance, last year i made 600+ dollars in november and this year (so for the second est month of the year normally, this is only 230 this far) - they really do not mind in such a context to have items downloaded without getting money , as u can imagine. So, u feel this is satisfying to say “reversals are bad and sad but what to do”? and to sum up your solution is to ask @Hotpin to consider to be happy or blessed that he got reversals and had his items sent to pirate websites while his works , time and effort have been reduced to dust. Or maybe the solution is that we all - authors - offer Hotpin some smile therapy sessions so that he can laugh the matter off and cheer up, this is the solution that u think about? LOL after all there is nothing to do … i guess this will very much help him to feed his family

Sorry, but yes… in this instance, I do know better than you. And it’s apparent that’s an emotional response as I don’t see you accusing people of lecturing you when they announce a sale, or a competition, or a change to policies and processes… you only feel I’m ‘lecturing’ you as you disagree with what I’m saying. Unfortunately, that doesn’t alter that fact that what I’m saying is true.

There are no solutions… but by asking the concerned people to solve the problems, I’m open to the fact that there’s always the possibility I could be wrong, which is the right thing to do. But consider that Apple (for example) have not yet found a solution, so if you’re going to come up with one it would be a good idea to fully understand what reversals are and how they work.

My methods? I did not invent payment protection.

While this is all very important, it has nothing to do with reversals and coming up with a solution to them. If people want to complain about reversals, that’s fine. If people aren’t happy with reversals, that’s perfectly understandable… I get reversals as well. As much as you may believe otherwise for some strange reason… I have never once insinuated that people should be happy or blessed at receiving reversals.

If people want a place to vent that’s fine, but the issue I’m addressing here is when people believe that Envato are in the wrong or there should be something they can do to get rid of them. At that point, they do need to be ‘lectured’ (I prefer educated) as the majority of times they don’t understand what reversals are and how they work. They get them confused with refunds, they don’t know the time limits aren’t set by Envato, they think Envato can accept/refuse them etc etc.

You may want me to reply along the lines of “Oh you’ve had a reversal… horrible Envato, they should turn off reversals or limit them to a week or something… what are they playing at?!” but that’s just not reality I’m afraid.

I got 2 reversal in 24 hours :worried:

2 Likes

In my case the most of reversals comes from Turkey!

2 Likes