500 Internal Server error on Events+

I am not sure where to add this as I could not find support. Just purchased the events+ booking, registration and am getting the error below when adding the shortcode to a post.

# Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

– This is when I view the event. Has happened on multiple computers. really need to get this fixed or plugin is worthless to me. Please help, has worked sometimes in a page. Maybe I am missing something, but don’t think so with sometimes working.

Thanks, Ken

Might need to resave the permalinks, go to settings > permalinks and click the blue save button.

If that doesn’t work then contact the author through their support page, they will be able to help far better than someone on the forums and you get 6 months free support with your purchase.

1 Like

Heya Ken,

Each item has a “support” tab at the top of its landing page on the marketplaces (see this image, top left, for an example). Some authors have a simple contact form, others have entire support forums, so this tab will guide you to the proper place.

As for the EventsPlus plugin, here is a link to their support tab – https://codecanyon.net/item/events-calendar-registration-booking/7647762/support

The “Internal Server Error” page you’re seeing means the plugin is causing a fatal error on the website. Usually, this is caused by an outdated version of PHP, but it could potentially be something else.

Before contacting the author of the plugin, you should contact your web host to get some useful details:

• Ask them for the exact error message causing the website to fail.
  • Also ask them to ensure your website is running PHP 7 or newer.

If the web host isn’t able to fix the issue themselves, you can forward the error message to the plugin’s author via the support link above and they can advise.

Thanks!

1 Like