2k - 4k RAW 60fps 1000$ camera... what? :D

This is ofcourse not a commercial or a spam… whatever I am just very very impressed where the technology is going these days. Have you seen this camera guys ? I have been looking up reds and blackmagics and I suddenly found this one, its usb camera with cmos sensor, shooting raw at 60 fps… gosh :))) what do you say guys ? :smiley: Have been enjoying my hacked Panasonic GH2 but now thinking about something even more extreme.

http://ww2.ptgrey.com/USB3/Flea3

1280×1024-pixel images 150 fps with global shutter … :smiley: it’s just ridiculious

cyzer said

1280×1024-pixel images 150 fps with global shutter … :smiley: it’s just ridiculious

Unfortunately per spec table it's monochrome and have small sensor. But interesting to see how it will develop. Thank you for the information cyzer!

P.S. I preordered Blackmagic 4K about 6 month ago (promised to ship in July) but real release date is still unknown.

Best Regards,
Andrey

I came across this camera when they dropped a press release about a year ago. It’s cool technology, but I think it’s mainly geared toward surveillance. Why anyone would need a security camera in 4K baffles me, but it seems to exist regardless.

@AndrVlad, when you do finally get your hands on it, please show off some test videos. I myself was considering getting one a while ago but ended up upgrading my computer/monitor instead. Would love to see your tests and get feedback on what you think of it.

MarkBrodhuber said

@AndrVlad, when you do finally get your hands on it, please show off some test videos. I myself was considering getting one a while ago but ended up upgrading my computer/monitor instead. Would love to see your tests and get feedback on what you think of it.

Hi Mark, sure will do !

Best Regards,
Andrey

Have you see this video?

There’s much more comparing videos. I find them pretty informative and fun.

3eka said

Have you see this video?

There’s much more comparing videos. I find them pretty informative and fun.

Yes, sure. I have 5D Mark III and shoting RAW lately but Blackmagic 4K with global shutter is a next step.

Best Regards,
Andrey

Totally not related to topic. Is it safe to install Magic lantern on my Canon? Could anything possibly goes wrong?

3eka said

Totally not related to topic. Is it safe to install Magic lantern on my Canon? Could anything possibly goes wrong?

No one will give you any safety warranty but I never heard about any issues. I can’t imagine me with Canon and no ML. Used it with 60D and 600D for year and now last several months with 5D Mark III.

Best Regards,
Andrey

Cheers AndrVlad, tnx for feedback.

3eka said

I agree with AndrVlad. I also never heard or saw any problems with it. The thing is that when you install ML the camera is considered as “hacked” and you lose the company’s warranty if you still had one. But don’t take my word for certain, maybe those things differs from country to country.

Would be great to see more open source cameras like this one soon

Enthusiasts and community can do a lot as Magic Lantern proved. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Andrey

3eka said

You don’t really install anything. You just create a bootable memory card. When you use that card your camera is running ML, when you swap the cards the camera is back to normal. If something goes wrong. Simply remove the battery to reset the camera and that’s it.

New processors and hardware optimization is allowing better application and performance. The security cameras dimension and power consumption is being optimized over the time at the same time it become more powerful and deficiency.