200 HUD Elements rejected - Big effort rejected in minits please help

I took 4 days to complete this item, vectors, custom shapes, layer styles and many more, please view the image and please help me with comments

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx5ZFiIWJ9JZTnFFdDEwR2t2RzQ/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Daymn, that’s a lot of content, and the elements themselves are nicely done.

I believe the issue is with the preview image, here’s some things that you could do that might help.

• You don’t need to show EVERY element in the main preview image. Because you have so much in this item, you could show just a handful of what’s in it and then show the rest into the “Preview Image Set” (a set of images that can be seen once clicking on the main preview). This will drastically reduce the length of your preview, making it much easier to look through.

• Overall the preview looks a little flat and lacking, doesn’t really show off all the cool scifi things that people could do with them. Put more glow on them, maybe some depth of field in some examples, build some atmosphere around them. Focus on showing them combined together and the different situations they could be used in, then mention that there are 200 individual elements for them to use and show a few examples with a call to click to see more. Look up scifi/futuristic UI/HUD elements and see what other people are doing, even people on Behance that have worked on UI/HUD for movies and TV shows, some of them do a really good job at showcasing their work.

Thank you very much for the reply. But I doubt that an item can be completely HARD rejected due to an issue in the preview image not in the main files ? They would have soft rejected then isn’t it ? I would like to make the preview more interesting by considering your facts but afraid of re submitting without doing any changes to the main files. Please help

Ah didn’t know that it was hard rejected. Personally I don’t see any issue with the elements, only the way that you show them off. You already have a similar item that was accepted a few weeks ago, just with less shapes, so I don’t think that there is a problem with the item. I think if you make the changes that I mentioned, then it will be different enough to even pass as a different item.

Thank you very much for the quick reply, Yes I think I have to do the changes you mentioned, and I will remove some elements to make it suited to game assets category and upload what is your opinion ? your help is really appreciated sorry for bothering :slight_smile:

At the same time I’m really frustrated about this review. As you also said that 75 elements were approved at once without even being soft rejected. and in this the 3d items are also very much realistic than the previous one, I can’t really understand why reviewers are doing like this to our efforts, it was not that easy to come up with this, 4 days work with 4 - 3 hour sleep a day :frowning: :frowning:

I don’t mean to remove the elements from the item itself, just the preview image so that it’s not quite so long. I think as long as you are able to give a good idea as to what’s included while keeping the preview image short and to the point, then it should all work out.

And it’s not a bother at all, glad to help :slight_smile:

Thank you for your kind heart! I can understand what you point out, but I feel afraid that they may ban my account mentioning that I’m re submitting a rejected item without making considerable changes to the main files, but to the preview image only. In my graphic river history no file were hard rejected due to preview image issue, they soft rejected in such cases but this item hard rejected and it took only 3 - 4 hours for the review also, I don;t know how. I was asking your opinion that may I keep the vital elements suited for a game ui, change the preview and upload to game assets category instead vector / conceptual category, like to know your opinion

Me too !
:frowning:

Ah ok, I see what you mean now. Years ago I had an item hard rejected, and instead of changing the item, I just drastically changed the preview to something more appealing, it was then accepted. We don’t always know the reasons for getting rejected, so it can be tough to know what to do.

As for making it a game asset, yea I think that’s a good idea. It’s a fairly new category, so I’m sure they’ed love to see more stuff submitted to it.

Yes I already have submitted some other items too in that category, the review also pretty quick that they review in minits. Oh!.. by the way may be your opinion of changing the preview may also work but I’m afraid that I went through the author terms and they say they may ban the account for submitting rejected items. I think at least this may work, hopefully I have 200 vector elements with me when thinking the positive side, to play with making game uis, infogrpahics, user interfaces etc… etc… hope to get soem kind of a gain for my effort… THANK YOU VERYYYYYYYYY MUCH for your good heart

I commented you under the original topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know what you mean about where it says you could be banned, but I think that’s just to stop people from simply just submitting the exact same thing again and wasting the reviewers time. If you make enough changes to the preview, I don’t think you have anything to worry about :slight_smile:

Thank you anchor_point_heshan

Oh… ! that sounds interesting, I think that would be the best option. I will update the preview and hopefully I will mention it in the reviewer comments also, so they will feel that I have done a considerable work :slight_smile:

1 Like