13 tracks, 2 sales

It sounds like a fine balance between people wanting to hear the same old same old AND at the same time hear something different. Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

I do sound effects and not music but I’ve also noticed something similar. I’m still very new and only have one track approved with 6 more pending thus far but from looking at other sounds in the same style as mine and analyzing other people’s portfolio I think that it’s somewhat similar to YouTube where you don’t get noticed as much at first but the more you post, the more consistent you are, and the more active you are on the forums the more attention you’ll get. I’m also beginning to notice that on this platform much like many other social networks SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a really significant aspect of making sales. I suggest doing some research on SEO and before you upload a track put yourself in the mind of the buyer and think about what you would search for if you were looking for that music. Then try to put those keywords and phrases in the name, tags, and description of your track. I’ve also read a few places that learning basic HTML to make your descriptions look more pretty and professional really helps with sales and I’ve found that to be true for a lot of high selling authors. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi bro,
I have faith that if audiojungle approved your music, that’s mean your music have good quality too.
I think you have to make music that more memorable and easy listening dont have to make its experimental. Because many people will use the music for their projects.

Patience and consistency is the key, just keep productive, I know it will be paid someday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great, I’ll look for that, know very little about SEO’s. But must say I go for that consistency, upload around 2 tracks per week now. And do take notice of the descriptions and tags of the best sellers, so hmm.
But yeah, as a test I didn’t put my latest approved track in the forum, and I see it has had only 8 unique page views over 3 days, so yeah that’s pretty bad SEO’ing right there.
Thanks for the advice.

Hi @TacitSoundProduction,

I’m new and I am confused. Are you saying normally when your track is approved you post it in a forum? Any specific forum? And what for? Is that what we are suppose to be doing? It never crossed my mind to do so.:thinking: Thanks!

Here;

1 Like

Thanks!

Okay guys, make it 25 tracks and 4 sales now :wink:

Think I followed a lot of advise that’s been given here, for which I’m grateful. More of the standard chord progression, more of the trendy hybrid cinematic trailer and generic corporate instead of ultra-specific niche tracks, more logic melodies, less atmospheric stuff, shorter titles… But the tracks-to-sales-ratio hardly changed.

Any feedback on how I did this, or my portfolio in general, on how to make it in any way more commercial, please enlighten me :slight_smile:

Do something different that stands out from the crowd and hopefully these kind of tracks will make you more sales.

Same situation, I started uploading in September 2020, I have 26 tracks (only two reject) quite varied in the genre but only 12 sales (two per month). Many doubts whether to continue …

@gballx I will, thanks

@niVio_sound Yeah same doubts! With your portfolio I really don’t get it though, very high production level and catchy tunes. Maybe we, or at least you, entered the game at the wrong moment.

Meanwhile I’m also looking for libraries that are more oriented on alternative, soundscapes and ‘experimental’ music, as I’m just better at making the music I really love. Or something at least little closer to it. Buuut maybe I can pitch that here as well, to make something that stands out like @gballx mentions.

I think I’ll load up some more tracks and see what happens. If nothing changes I will change my account to non-exclusive. I signed up as exclusive because it seemed like a good idea but now it seems clear it’s not at all.