1200 sales and a spotless 5-star rating!

Today, my item on CodeCanyon turned 1200-sale old, while keeping a spotless 5-star rating!
This calls for celebrations!
:partying_face:

6 Likes

pretty boss. What’s the secret? Share with us please!

Well, there’s no secret… other than countless hours in supporting customers. :smile:

By the way, what’s the secret for getting your item featured…? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I want to know this as well!

Yep, support seems to be the key to good reviews for me as well, though I’m at a 4.94 rating :crying_cat_face:

Secret to getting your item featured?
Nobody actually told me, but my guess is that it’s high sales potential (and of course good marketing materials + good product quality). I had a lot of sales in a short time + hits on analytics so I think that was the main factor that made them think the product is something that can be of interest to a large audience. I think like any company, their goal is to sell.

1 Like

It might sound obsessive-compulsive but I must admit that I always try to reach out to a customer who leaves a non-5-star rating, checking if there is anything I can do to make it a 5-star experience. I also had quite a few success stories with refund requests transformed into 5-star ratings and enthusiastic reviews: and it is truly rewarding!

I guess there are many customers who don’t expect much from the customer support of a $20-30 plugin and when you reach out and prove to go beyond the line of duty to make them happy, they are always positively surprised and willing to acknowledge that.
Personally, I don’t mind also offering some extra assistance if that means keeping my rating spotless.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I figured that what you are saying is definitely a key. For example, I couldn’t figure out why authors would prefer item descriptions all composed of images that are not good for indexing. Then I realized that they are so good for the eyes that you can have them at the beginning as an impact on your audience, leaving any textual information to the end for the search engines.

I think that also a more recent item has better chances to be featured, compared to older ones. I noticed there a recurring pattern in most of the featured items being a few months old.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on good support and I think you make some good points.

I couldn’t figure out why authors would prefer item descriptions all composed of images that are not good for indexing. Then I realized that they are so good for the eyes that you can have them at the beginning as an impact on your audience, leaving any textual information to the end for the search engines.

Of course man, marketing’s very important. And good marketing means attention to detail and signals high product quality as well. I checked out your WavePlayer, I think your marketing is very nice, but I think you can make it a little longer.

Adding a Money-Back Guarantee + adding a Reviews screenshot may be able to help you improve your conversion rate. I’ve had a money-back guarantee for quite a while and I’ve only ever had 2 refund requests, people definitely don’t abuse it.

PM me if you want another tip to improve that conversion rate (which I don’t want to say here :slight_smile: )

Thanks for the tips about the item and for offering the extra help.

As for the Money-Back Guarantee, it sounds interesting. I had 14 refund requests in the four and a half years the item has been on CodeCanyon but only 7 of them were approved. For all the others, I’ve always managed to assist the customers and make them happy (5-star happy!). It is not about the money. I don’t have any problem approving a refund request right away when I recognize the rationale behind it. Sometimes, though, the refund request seems to be the shortcut to move on to the next plugin, without effort in trying to understand what they have just purchased.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience. I will send you a PM.

I looked a little more into this and it seems this is not allowed by the Envato Promotion Guidelines

1 Like

Oh, thank you for letting me know!