11d: A user referred via your referral link must not be related to you or your business or company

tips-and-tricks

Hi there,

for a customer of mine I bought a theme via my affiliate link but with his newly set up account and via his paypal account in february. When I just checked my account I was surprised to see it empty, because the money had already been transferred to my “envato-account” in february. When I read the information it said:

“Referral earnings deducted due to self referral or a chargeback received on buyer’s deposit. Please see Affiliate Program Terms for further information.
http://themeforest.net/legal/affiliate section 11d”

Ane 11d says:
“A user referred via your referral link must not be related to you or your business or company.”

What sense does it make then to use a referral link in the first place? Of course every buyer who comes from my referral link will somehow be related to me (website, business or personal) Why would I otherwise recommend somebody a theme? And wether my client buys it himself or whether I do it with his creditcard, who cares? Fact is envato has sold one more license because of my referral link. Unfortunately I didn`t find a support email where I could have send this question to. Any idea how and where I could get an answer/solution for this?
Cheers, Andrea