1 star rating for Custom Support.

Hi, mates got a 1 star rating (not the first time) for custom support. I attached a screen shot for clearing. He asked the customization gallery with a demo link and I send him solution, but without reply He says 0 support with 1 star rating.

I open a support thread on Envato Help and One Envato Help Officer replied (we check the ratings based on what was written on the rating itself.) It means he don’t want to look up the issue, just read the ratings reply.

Can anyone suggest a good solution. The item is an HTML template not a big issue for me now. But I’m afraid that Customers will want customization and if you we don’t they will give 1 star rating.

Thanks in advance.

No solution unfortunately. Just always try to explain your reasons in “author response” so other customers can see.

Thanks for the reply. :disappointed:

I feel you bro, what a bad luck, it happened to me too, just continue working and ignore it :slight_smile:

But Support officer not following the rules : https://goo.gl/ouuPaK

There is a line on :

What’s not allowed? We will remove:

Ratings and reviews about item support for items that are not supported.

I’m opening another support request.

The thing really sucks the performance and buyers are really happy getting advantage of it. Nothing can be done with this issue :frowning: . Stay calm

Contact Envato for this abuse and the rating will be removed!

Please, check my 2nd para, I already open a support request and the reply is:

we check the ratings based on what was written on the rating itself.

It means he don’t want to look up the issue, just read the ratings reply.

then contact again and tell envato that the client needs custom work, custom work is against Envato rules so the client is not right

So in concluzion the review is not fair!

Maybe you should put a notice on your product page where you should explain the 1 rating to clients… maybe we should all do this…

And stick to what is in the review, not in the comments

Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Regards.

Hi @trippleS based on experience, if you try to offer refund to the customer and it’s approved, apparently the review will be automatically removed.

1 Like