__MACOSX Not Possible

I am just about to Upload a Wordpress theme. I have few question. __MACOSX I think this is automatically created when one is on Mac Machine. I do not have Mac Machine I use window computer. I wont be able to create this. I think this will not be mandatory and wont be the reason for refusal of Theme.

Please comment ASAP.

N.B. This applies to both Theme Files and Demo Content Files.

just remove __MACOSX it doesn’t have any importance

1 Like

Thank you so much I can Upload Confidently Now.

Sir can you help me with one more thing, is their any sample what to write here -

What are you trying to do? Publish an item for sale?

1 Like

if I good remember this field is to leave the message for reviewers

1 Like

Wordpress theme.

You can write there what you want to appear under the item preview on the item page, you can embed images, add links, write everything you want your buyers to know about your item.

It can read only basic HTML language, Envatitor can help you make perfect descriptions for your items.

1 Like

Sir,

Can you also tell me what to add in screenshot Folders. One thing i know that 590 X 300 banner. what else?

Do I need to add screenshots of the Live demo also?

Yes it’s required to upload a 590x300 preview image, but I think it’s optional to add screenshots of your demo. I’m not sure about that, this is what I understand from this article and the upload page of WordPress themes.

Wait until another guy confirms or denies that…

1 Like

You can use Keka archive app to make sure _macosx folder removed on packing. It has an options for that.

1 Like

I hope that src tag is acceptable in HTML of description. Can any successful theme author tell me is their any fixed width prescribed for images or any maximum width. I have seen images with big heights, but I believe width should be having some restriction or prescription.

with src tag I mean this kind of tag -

Mountain View

616px width is enough for the images that you’ll embed in the item description, images with a width greater than 616px will be scaled down to 616px (without changing the aspect ratio) so it fits the description box.

1 Like

Thank you so Much.

No worries :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Does that Description area also accept thi Kind of HTML during theme submission -

Extensive Third Party Software and Plugin Compatibility

<ul>
	<li>MailChimp Newsletter Signup</li>
	<li>Yoast SEO plugin</li>
</ul>
<strong>Extensive Third Party Software and Plugin Compatibility</strong>

<ul>
	<li>MailChimp Newsletter Signup</li>
	<li>Yoast SEO plugin</li>
</ul>

If you’re asking whether the description box can read that code, then the answer is yes, and the result of that code will be something like this:

Extensive Third Party Software and Plugin Compatibility

• MailChimp Newsletter Signup
  • Yoast SEO plugin

If that’s not what you’re asking about, could you please clear up your question for me?

1 Like

Exactly sir I was asking the same thing. Thank you for being so kind to me.

Anytime :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Sir does Description Html also allows this tag -
<p> </p>
to write something Important.