Copyright claim by "believe music" on youtube video.

Hi, somebody knows who are “believe music” … I had a claim for visual content, not for the music. 8 months ago I created a video for promote my audiojungle music on youtube and I choose a video marked as creative commons on vimeo, that one:

The claims said that the content video is by “Hadu & Michelle Weeks-Get It Rockin’ (Teaser)” so I put this on youtube and I find this video from february 2015:

Looks like this guys were taking the visual content as their own and registering to “believe music”.

¿Any idea? Is not a big deal, my video only have 400 views, just curiosity. Thanks!

They are disgusting youtube trolls. Several years ago i had album, released via one German record label. Guess what happened? All tracks from it registered on this believe music now, without my permission.

||+1228586|E-soundtrax said-|| Hi, somebody knows who are "believe music" .... I had a claim for visual content, not for the music. 8 months ago I created a video for promote my audiojungle music on youtube and I choose a video marked as creative commons on vimeo, that one:

The claims said that the content video is by “Hadu & Michelle Weeks-Get It Rockin’ (Teaser)” so I put this on youtube and I find this video from february 2015:

Looks like this guys were taking the visual content as their own and registering to “believe music”.

¿Any idea? Is not a big deal, my video only have 400 views, just curiosity. Thanks!

Believe Music is a digital music distributor, they’re not trolls. They do indeed use ContentID to protect material that they distribute. They operate several labels (such as Zimbalam) which is probably why they registered your music Leon.

Now contentID prohibits registering Creative Commons material, as well as registering someone else’s work, of course.

My guess is that “Hadu and Michelle Weeks” have released their track through Believe Music, which then registered their track with contentID as well as their video clip, without realizing that the video included CC content.

You should dispute the claim and maybe get in touch with the original CC content creator and tell him what’s up.

But they are trolls. Because EVERY track “protected” without author permission, and removing them from such “protection” is big big problem. More than this, while signing label contract you have no idea, that all released tracks later will struggle with believe music “protection”. No royalties paid from such “protection”, not single penny. Later, when your contract with label ended, you cant sell this music for stock, because some of libraries prohibited use of AdRev and ContentID and just try to remove such claims and explain you library manager, why your music owned by believe music and why it is banned on Youtube. Thats why they are trolls.

PurpleFogSound said

Believe Music is a digital music distributor, they’re not trolls. They do indeed use ContentID to protect material that they distribute. They operate several labels (such as Zimbalam) which is probably why they registered your music Leon.

Now contentID prohibits registering Creative Commons material, as well as registering someone else’s work, of course.

My guess is that “Hadu and Michelle Weeks” have released their track through Believe Music, which then registered their track with contentID as well as their video clip, without realizing that the video included CC content.

You should dispute the claim and maybe get in touch with the original CC content creator and tell him what’s up.

The artist signed to a label, and the label has a contract with a distributor, this is quite normal. The contract duration is defined in advance, simply read and pay attention to what you sign.

Believe music has existed for over 10 years and has many independent functions:

it’s both a label and a dual digital distributor (Believe for artist signed by a label and Zimbalam for independent artists).
If you have an album in a label distributed by Believe, royalties are paid to the label, which must pay them to the artist.

They may claim only what has been contracted so if it’s a mistake it must be able to be repaired. Always be careful when you sign a contract, especially for the expected duration!

Believe official for more info: http://www.believedigital.co.uk

LumenMedia said

No royalties paid from such “protection”, not single penny.

That is weird and so wrong! You should have gotten your share. I’m sorry you underwent such an ordeal!

I was talking from my own experience, where things were pretty straightforward. It’s true that they didn’t ask my permission for registering my tracks, which is not cool. But they did send me an email to notify me. And I did perceive my share of ad revenue. There was nothing shady there.

Thanks guys! I contacted the video creator, and we’ll see what happens :wink:

Hi. My name is Luigi, but my nickname for Youtube is magicko84. I got a copyright infringement complaint from Believe Music, on a song I created, including the PlayStation 1 Music2000 program.
Now it’s not the first time that Youtube bombs me about similar complaints about music I make from my house on my PC or PlayStation 1. 90% of the time I’ve always won because all the music I create does not have a copyright since they are not published, only last year i posted you compilation on Jamendo. The other 10% I threw away the sponge for dispersion and still it is always youtube wrong I did not see that the only author of my music, I always stand.
I hope you can help me resolve this shameful situation by an incompetent system and very often give it to grass artists as I have.
Thank you all. Appearance positive feedback.
Good evening Luigi